Making Amends

Swift's POV

I can't sleep. The guilt is eating me alive. I feel so bad for how I treated Katara. Eventually I give up and slip out of bed carefully so I don't wake up Raph. I walk down the hall to Caesar's room and knock on the door. "Come in." I hear Katara say from the other side. Apparently she can't sleep either. I open the door and walk in to see her sitting on Caesar's bed, with her face buried in her hands. I walk over to the bed and sit down next to her. I gently pull her hands away from her face and hold them in mine. She raises her head and an expression of shock crosses her face before her previous heartbroken expression returns. "Swift." She says quietly. "Listen. I'm sorry for the way I treated you earlier. Caesar told me you saved him and it wasn't your fault he was attacked. I was just so upset my son had been injured and I took it out on you. That was wrong." I say sincerely.
She looks up at me and gives me her signature smile. The one you can't blame Caesar or anyone for falling in love with. She then glomps me and throws both her arms around me and buries her face in my chest. "Thank you. I'm so glad you don't hate me." She says. I hug her back. "I should be thanking you." I say. "Hm? For what?" She asks tilting her head curiously. "For your forgiveness." I reply. She smiles again. And hugs me once more. "Goodnight Katara." I say. "Goodnight Swift." She says. I get up and go back to bed. Now that guilt is no longer clouding my mind, I realize how tired I am. I go back to my room and crawl back into bed next to Raph. He's on his back snoring with the sheet pulled down to his hips, exposing his muscular chest and stomach. "My sexy hot head." I whisper before kissing his neck and going back to sleep.

To be continued...