Road To Recovery

Caesar's POV

I wake up the next morning to a slight pain in my hips and pelvis and the familiar scent of vanilla strawberry shampoo. I look over at the window to my left and see Katara sitting there. Her long dark brown hair is loose, out of its usual pony tail falling in waves down her back. Her eyes are closed Her head tilting up slightly towards the warm sunlight pouring in through the window shining in her hair. "Katara? How long have you been here?" I ask. Her green eyes snap open and lock with mine before an overjoyed expression comes to her pretty face. "Caesar!" She shouts before climbing off the window sill and throwing her arms around me in a hug.

Katara's POV

I bury my face in his neck crying tears of joy. "Hey it's alright." He says soothingly, stroking my back. "I'm just so happy you're okay." I say honestly. Then Swift, Raph and the rest of the guys walk in. "Hey. How's my future daughter-in-law and my swaggy punk?" He asks. "Good. Just a little pain." He replies. Ghost walks over. "Ghost!" I say. He walks over and hands me my pendant. "You left this." He says. I look up into his red eyes for a second before taking it from him. "Thanks Ghost." I say with a smile before hugging him. He wraps an arm around me for a second before I pull away. He blushes a bit before melting back into the ocean of reptiles. All of them look at me in shock. "What?" "Ghost actually let you hug him. AND HE HUGGED BACK!" they all say in unison. I just laugh a bit. I guess they don't all know he isn't as dark and heartless as he seems. Caesar also looks shocked but for a different reason. "Dad? Did you just call her your future daughter in law?" He asks. "Yup. She's like part of the family now." Swift replies before walking over and rapping an arm around my shoulders. I smile at him and hug back. I let go and he walks over to Raph. Leo, Mikey, Rebel, and Raph walk over and hug me. "Welcome to the family dudette." Mikey says. "Thanks guys." I say hugging them back. "You've been sitting in here too long. Why don't you come hang out with us for a while?" Mikey asks. "Alright. See you later Caesar." I say planting a kiss on his nose. Before I can pull away he grabs the back of my neck and smashes his lips on mine. He lets me go and I flush red. "You're supposed to be injured!" I say. The rest of the guys laugh and I groan and hide my face. I head out to the parking lot with the rest of the guys. "Who am I going with?" I ask. Raph looks back at me with a grin that clearly says he's up to no good. "You can ride with me." He says. The rest of the guys look at me and give me worried looks. Leo walks over and pats my head. "I wish the best of luck." He says seriously. I tilt my head in a confused fashion, but before I can ask what he meant he's already disappeared into his car. I walk with Raph for a bit before he stops in front of an expensive looking motorcycle.

 I walk with Raph for a bit before he stops in front of an expensive looking motorcycle

He passes me the helmet and gets on the motorcycle. I get on behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. He starts the motorcycle and revs it before zooming off up the road. I scream and hold him tighter. We stop at a light and I look to my right to see Leo and Donnie in Leo's car. Leo notices me and rolls down the window. "Be safe guys." He says. "What's that supposed to mean?!" I ask frantically. "Well let's just say people don't call him the speed demon of New York City for no reason." He says. At that moment the light turns green and Raph takes off at 195 mph. I scream and put a death grip on his torso. He snickers and looks back at me before he makes a sharp turn and just barely misses a Camry that was about to turn at a light. He comes to a main road and goes full speed up it to the mansion before slowing down and pulling into the garage. He takes the helmet off me and puts it back before getting off the motorcycle. I remain attached to his shell with my arms and legs wrapped around him. He looks back at me. "You alright Katara?" He asks. "I'll be fine, but you'll have to carry me inside. I don't think I can walk after that ride." I say. He smirks at me. "Alright." He says. He walks into the mansion casually as if he isn't carrying a thick, curvy, full grown woman on his shell. He walks into the living room and sees Anthony sitting on the couch watching tv. He looks over at us and smiles a bit. "Hey. Why are you riding on Raph's shell." He asks curiously. "I'm temporarily in shock from riding his motorcycle with him." I say. Anthony laughs. "Sucks to be you. I hear they call him the speed demon of New York City. Maybe you should go drag racing with him and Caesar sometime." He says. I roll my eyes playfully. "Yeah, right. If I ever did that I'd be traumatized for good." I say. Raph looks back at me. "If that's how you're gonna talk about me, get off my shell." He says with a playful smirk. "Nope. I'm comfy now." I say laying my head on his neck. He walks over to the couch and sits down. "Raph! Get off you weigh like a thousand pounds!" I shout. "Say please." He says. "No!" I shout. He shrugs and leans back more squishing his shell against my chest and stomach. "Fine! Please!" I shout. He gives me his signature smirk before getting off of me. I walk over and sit next to Anthony sending Raph a half hearted glare. "Sometimes I hate you." I say. He smiles back at me. "Love you too." He says. I smile as well. He's like an older brother to me. I lay my head on Anthony's shoulder and turn my attention to the t.v . He smiles down at me and wraps an arm around me. The warmth from his body combined with the comfort of his and Raph's presences is enough to put me to sleep.

Caesar's POV

I've been on my phone texting Anthony for the past half hour. He says Katara feel asleep on him. She must've been tired. I put down my phone when the doctor walks in. "I'm going to have more scans done to see how you bones are healing." She says. "Alright." I say. After the doctor runs the scans she returns with the results. She walks in with an expression of complete shock and confusion on her face. "I don't know how, but your bones are completely healed!" She says. "Its probably because I'm a mutant." I say "That would make sense." The doctor says. "Well I'm gonna go get your clothes and have you discharged." The doctor says. After I put on my clothes I text Katara.

Caesar: Hey Katara. Could you come by the hospital?

Katara: Sure. On my way. See you soon CeCe. 😚

I smile at the nickname she used. I can't wait to surprise her so I head downstairs to the waiting room. Not even 20 minutes later she walks into the waiting room. She doesn't notice me and keeps walking. I sneak up behind her and cover her eyes. She gasps and tenses up. "Guess who?" I say. She pulls my hands off her eyes and turns around before throwing herself into my arms and kissing me passionately on the lips. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss back. I'll never let her go. Ever.

To be continued...