Chapter 13: The Plan

(In the sacrifice place)

Shadow laughs, happy swinging in the vines. Sonic watches him giving him no emotion.

Shadow: "Man, that was good. We did a good job."

Sonic glares at Shadow when he looks at him. Shadow glares back; Sonic starts to climb up the vine to the top. Shadow watches him silent. Sonic makes it to the top, and he stands up. The people cheer t Sonic. He smiles very happily.

The people pick him up and walk him through the crowd. Shadow got up slowly, watching them.

Shadow: "Guys... A little help."

Sonic: "Princess Sally! Princess Sally!"

Sonic waves at her as he was placed down in the ground safely by the people. Sonic looks at her smiling, happy.

Sonic: "I like to stay."

Sally: "This is great news! The people will be happy for this!"

Sally looks at the crowd, and she speaks cheerfully, telling them the news.

Sally: "Villagers of el dorado! Sonic is staying with us!"

The people pick Sonic up again, and they walk him back to his temple, happy. Shadow breaths hard when he got to the surface. Amy went to his worry.

Amy: "Shadow! Are you okay?"

Shadow looks at Sonic. Sonic cheers happy, he looks at Shadow emotionless as the people walk away. Shadow put his ears down.

Shadow: "Everything is fine..."

Amy looks at Sonic as the people kept walking. The next morning when the sun was barely up. Shadow was starring at the city thinking, and then he looks at the big gate where they were able to get in here. He shook his head slowly and went inside.

Sonic was on the other side, and he sighs a bit bored. Shadow bends down on his knees where the pile of gold is. He grabs a pack, opens it up, and he starts putting few bits of gold that's able to fit in the pack inside. He stops when he grabs the map, and he looks at it with his eyes; Sonic comes inside, and he looks at Shadow watching. Shadow heard Sonic come in, and he rips the map to shreds slowly.

Sonic glares at Shadow and looks to his right, seeing a small of Shadow as god made of gold. Sonic fake yawns and he stretches his hand out straight, knocking it down. Shadow close the pack growling a bit. Shadow stands up to his feet. Sonic walks past him, Shadow swings the pack to his back, and it hits Sonic in the back of the head soft. Sonic rub the back of his head, grumpy.

Shadow walks out of the temple to the exit, and he took a glance at Sonic, who was starring at himself in the mirror made of gold. He wore a crown on his head, gold square rings in the ears, and a blue cape for Sonic; he looks like gold.

Shadow looks down, and he walks out; Sonic turns around and looks at Shadow, seeing him walking out. Shadow looks down at the boat seeing it all done. Then he looks up serious. Sonic went beside him and looked away. Shadow looks at Sonic emotionless. He sighs and walks down the stairs all the way. Sonic was about to speak, looking at where Shadow use to stand, but he noticed he was gone. He looks at Shadow and goes down the stairs a few stairs case behind him.

Shadow goes to Princess Sally. She reaches her hand out to shake, and he put his hand out to shake her hand till she lifts her hand and smiles at him. Shadow smiles a bit. Sally laughs, and she hugs Shadow tight. Shadow grunts a bit, feeling his back crack; Sally places him down and handshakes his hand. Shadow grunts more in pain, hearing his fingers crack. Shadow salutes lightly at Sally and sighs, puffing like a pufferfish.