Chapter 3: Trail We Blaze

-Day time-
(In a longboat in the middle of the ocean)

Sonic and Shadow were rowing around the boat forward. Tails look outside a bit worried, and he saw them heading to the storms. He got scared; Sonic and Shadow look up, seeing the gray clouds above their heads, the storms struck them. The waves were pushing them strong; they are rowing fast and screaming.

They kept on going till the storm stop, a few hours later. They are hungry that they weren't paddling. They look up, seeing a burd, and they smile. The bird lands on a pole and dies. They reach their hand out to it slowly.

A shark came out and ate the bird, and they got sad seeing their food go away. A few minutes later, Sonic and Shadow were paddling in circles; Tails kept on looking out.

A few minutes later, Sonic, Shadow, and Tails were lying down tired and hungry. Sonic and Shadow were leaning against each other back. Tails had his head out of the boat, looking at the water.

Sonic: "I'm so hungry."

Shadow: "The slave could not be helpful."

Tails look at Shadow, then back to the water, sighs as he put his ears down.

Sonic: "Is this really how we go?"

Shadow: "I don't know, but it looks like it is"

Sonic: "Well, at least we tried."

Shadow: "Yeah...... Any last words?"

Sonic: "It's been fun knowing you, pal."

Sonic cries, sad. Shadow gets sad like he was about to cry as well.

Shadow: "It was good to know you too, buddy."

Shadow cried a bit; Tails roll his eyes and sighs; Sonic and Shadow left one hand out of the water. The boat stops moving, Shadow and Sonic lift their hands, seeing sand. Shadow smiles, shaking his hand a bit, making some of the sand falls like snow; Sonic drops his hand completely, looking down sad.

He turns his head to the boat; Shadow looks at him. Sonic was shocked, and he looks down. Shadow looks down as well.

Both: "It's...... Its... Land!!!"

They came out of the boat so did Tails. They crawl on the sand, kissing it; Sonic kept on kissing it till he kisses the skull; they get scared and jump up. It was a human skull with a sword in his back. Sonic wipes the lick of his tongue.

Shadow: "Those who wish to go back to the boat say I."

Sonic: "I."

Tails: "I."

Shadow: "Let's go!

Shadow and Tails ran quickly to the boat; Sonic was about to run till he notices something that he turns around and looks at it. He brings out the map and looks down at it, then to the eagle head's rock formations.

Shadow turns around, looking at Sonic; Tail had one of the paddles in his mouth; he was inside the boat. Tails move his head to the ocean, telling them to let's go.

Shadow: "Hey Sonic, I could use a little help here!"

Sonic smiles as he found out where they are; Shadow rolls his eyes and goes to him.

Shadow: "Sonic? Sonic?!"

Sonic turns to Shadow smiling big and happy to know what he finds out.

Sonic: "Shadow, we found it!"

Shadow looks at Sonic, confused; he sees him holding the map that he has an angry and serious look on his face. Sonic turns back around Shadow points to the map.