Chapter 5: The Gods Sonic and Shadow

(In El Dorado)

Sonic, Shadow, and Tails were out of the boats looking around seeing everyone starring at them. Sonic, Shadow, and Tails walk forward, knowing something bad was going to happen. Shadow looks down, and then he looks at Sonic.

Shadow: "Sonic"

Sonic: "yeah?"

Shadow: "Before we get killed, is there anything you wanna say?"

Sonic: "Well... I'm sorry about that girl in school."

Shadow: "Wait for you-"

Mephiles: "The prophecy has been for told! The time is now!"

Sonic, Shadow, and Tails look at Mephiles. He was looking at them, and he walks down the stairs to them. Sally follows him, looking proud. Sonic gasp a bit, Shadow looks at him a bit grumpy.

Mephiles: "My people, didn't I tell you the gods will come to us!"

Sonic looks behind him, then back to Mephiles. He thinks for a minute as he heard Mephiles laugh a bit.

Mephiles: "My lords, I am Mephiles, a dark wizard."

Sally walks towards them, and she bows her head a bit to them.

Sally: "I am Sally Acorn, princess of this city. What should we call you?"

Sonic points to himself, knowing a plan, then Shadow follows him. Tails roll his eyes but went with it.

Sonic: "I am Sonic"

Shadow: "And I am Shadow....."

Sonic: Trip over to the ground but stands up fast. "And they call us Sonic and Shadow."

Sally: "What brought you two here?"

Amy peeks out a bit, Mephiles saw her, and he smirks and grabs her arm, taking her in front of them.

Mephiles: "Ah-ha! You are a thief! What should we do with her?"

Amy: "No, No. No, you got it all wrong. You see, the gods got me to bring these two for you. My only wish is to serve the god."

Amy looks at Shadow and Sonic, and she made a face that says, help me. Shadow and Sonic look at Mephiles. He looks at them.

Shadow: "Release her... Don't you think?"

Mephiles smiles and lets go of Amy's arm. He gives the gold head and pushes her aside.

Mephiles: "Put this back in its rightful place."

Cream got out of the water, and she goes behind Tails. Sally step forward, speaking.

Sally: "My lords, why now did you come here?"

Mephiles: "Enough, Sally! You can't question the gods!"

Sonic: "That's right, or else we will unleash a powerful destruction, and you don't want that!"

Shadow looks at him with wide eyes and a serious look on his face. Mephiles smirks evilly, and he speaks.

Mephiles: "Yes, we do."

Sonic face changes fast to a bad, sad face. Shadow looks at him, grumpy and a bit angry.

Sonic: "You do?"

Mephiles: "Of course we do! Show this nonbeliever your power of debility!"

Shadow: "Debility..... Wait one moment."

Shadow made Sonic turn around facing the water, and they step forward a bit. Mephiles looks at Sally smirking, and she looks at him, then back to Shadow and Sonic.

Shadow smiles a bit, looking at Sonic with his eyes.

Shadow: "Remember those little voices in your head...... You don't have one!"

Sonic: "I'm sorry I've done it too far."

Shadow: "Way too far."

Sonic: "Maybe if we just tell them we aren't actually gods, they could let us go."

Shadow: "Are you crazy?! They will kill us!!"

Sonic: "Then think of a plan."

Shadow: "I'm trying."

As Shadow and Sonic talk, the volcano was getting ready to irrupt. The villagers look at the volcano then back to Shadow and Sonic. Cream hugs Tails scared. Tails hug her back.

Sonic push his hand on the side of Shadow's arm, and he uses his other hand to whack Shadow in the forehead. Mephiles and Sally look at them, confused. Shadow gets so angry that he screams.

Shadow: "STOP!!!"

Everything stops, the volcano stops erupting, and all the smoke goes back inside it. Mephiles, Sally, and the villagers were impressed that they bow down to them. Shadow and Sonic turn around to see the villagers bowing down to them. Shadow and Sonic raise their hands, happy as the warriors clap for them.

Sonic and Shadow started walking, and the commander stands up back; Sonic points to him, showing a serious look on his face.

Sonic: "Don't make me do it again cause I will."

The commander bows down again fast, Sonic continues walking with Shadow. Tails follow them quietly. Mephiles bows down to them as he looks at Sally. She looks at him seriously but bows down as well.

Mephiles: "Oh my lord, come let me show you your temple."

Sonic: "Alright, Temple"

Mephiles turns around, facing Sally, and he smirks at her evilly with a serious look on his face.

Mephiles: "Step aside...."

Sally moves slightly to the right, Mephiles, Sonic, Shadow, and Tails started climbing up the stairs. Sally looks at the villagers, and they were shocked. Sally takes a deep breath, and she follows them.