Chapter 10: Play Ball

(In the stadium)

Amy brushes Tail's fur as she tells Shadow and Sonic how to play the game. They had to hit the ball through the hoop without using their hands. Amy points to the hoop. They look at it in shock. The hoop was on the side of the wall in a high place.

Shadow: "That's impossible! We're going to lose!"

Amy: "Gods don't lose."

Mephiles snaps his fingers, and big men came in looking at them. They all look big, a bit fat, and tough men. They bow to Sonic and Shadow. Mephiles speak, saying that's their enemy for the game.

Shadow and Sonic gulp fake smiling big. The men quickly ran to the end of the field ready. Mephiles smirks, watching Sonic and Shadow.

Mephiles: "Good luck, my lords..... Play ball!!"

Mephiles place the ball in the middle and walks away. Shadow and Sonic look at each other than at the ball. The ball started to bounce softly, by the team men running towards them. Sonic and Shadow hesitate to move. One of the men slides down and kicks the ball.

Shadow drops down to the ground quickly, dodging the ball fast. It hit the wall near Amy. She groans facepalm. The men watch the ball bounce lightly in front of them. Mephiles shook his head, and he looks at them.

Mephiles: "Um gods! Aren't you suppose to be putting the ball in play?"

Shadow: "Oh! No! No! No!" *gets up* "We were just showing the duck mover thing first!"

Mephiles: "Ah, I see!"

Sonic: "Excuse me, but who invented this game?"

Mephiles: "Why the gods, of course!"

Mephiles sat back down, silent. Sonic grabs the ball as Shadow gets grumpy.

Shadow: "I hope we have a plan for this."

Sonic: "Relax, Shadow! Remember, we're the gods."

Sonic tosses the ball up and hits it with his hip. The men started to professional as Shadow and Sonic play like confuse children. One of the men kicks the ball, and the other man hits it with his hip. Sonic hips it with his hip, and the ball bounce off the wall a few inches away from the hoop.

Amy grabs Cream and shows Shadow telling him to hit it with his hip. Shadow jumps, hitting the ball with his hip, and he grunts in pain. The bounce off the wall not even close to the hoop. Sonic rubs his neck, thinking. Shadow looks at Sonic, a bit in pain.

Shadow: "This is impossible!"

The men made a goal, and they cheer happily. Sonic and Shadow grunt, disappointed. A villager plays the horn meaning for goal. The people cheer. A scorekeeper in the men's side put a gold brick in the steps easily.

Sonic and Shadow try to talk with the men, but they paid more attention to the game. They made another goal. Mephiles thinks about the gods curious. The scorekeeper puts another brick in the steps going up slowly. The men ran past Sonic and Shadow, chasing the ball. Sonic and Shadow went up crazy like they haven't brushed it in the morning.

***********^##€~€*%>****

An hour passed by, Sonic and Shadow never made a goal. In fact, they weren't even trying to make a goal. The scorekeeper of the men's side was high up than the scorekeeper of the SS team.

Shadow holds Sonic's arm around his neck, trying to get to the ball tired, Sonic walks him with also tired, but the men kept getting the ball fast. Amy groans and she crossed her arms, angry. Amy ducks when the ball flew in her direction. Cream curls up into a ball, scared.