Chapter 2: Escape Plan

-Nighttime-
(In the ship in the middle of the ocean)

Shadow and Sonic still tried to get out but couldn't. The sailors minded their own business doing what they do. Sonic and Shadow look at each other in a hole in the barrel.

Shadow: "Okay, one more time."

They got ready to open the barrel again; the sailors grab the chest and lift it off them. When they reach three, they lift it fully. Everyone looks at them, and they look at them.

Shadow: "Sorry, we were just um.....room service."

Shadow and Sonic went back inside the barrel, the sailors got them out and put them in chains, they took Sonic and Shadow to Scourge room, making them go to their knees. Sonic and Shadow look up, putting their ears down.

Sonic: "Scourge....."

Scourge was looking at the table; he turned around and started crushing his knuckles as he talks to them.

Scourge: "You will be fouled, and when we put you to Cuba to resupply god willing, you will be foul some more and then enslave on the sugar plantation for the rest of your miserable lives, to the brick."

Scourge turns around, Sonic smiles. Shadow looks at him with a worried look on his face. Sonic didn't look; he was scared. He was just happy to go to another place.

Sonic: "Alright...... Cuba"

The sailors grabbed them and took them to the brick. The next day when the sun was rising, Tails was looking at the ocean alone. He was bored, and he wished he didn't come here, but he was the Scourge servant, so he had no choice. Tails heard someone whistling; he looks to the right and saw the guy walking holding a bowl of apples; Tails was hungry.

Guy: "Hi Tails"

Tails: "Hi... um, may I have an apple?"

Tails reach his hand out to get one, but the guy moves the bowl making one apple fall out of the bowl. Tails put his ears down.

Guy: "Sorry, Tails, but Scourge said not to give you one. You eat other things."

The guy walks away; Tails watch as the apple went down the brick. Sonic was leaning against the wall. His hands were in his chest. He was sleeping; the apple land on Sonic's chest. He opens his eyes and looks at the apple. He looks at Shadow.

Shadow was on his knees, hitting his head on the wall many times, thinking of a plan. Sonic gets up to his knees and grabs the apple, thinking what he should say to him.

Sonic: "So um..... How's the escape plan coming?"

Shadow hit his head once, and he looks at Sonic; he had tired eyes on his face like he hasn't slept for the day.

Shadow: "Wait, wait. Give me a minute."

Sonic: "Hm"

Shadow turns his head around and hits his head a few times in the wall again; he smiles. He went to Sonic, and he smiles back at him.

Shadow: "I got it."

Shadow and Sonic lay down in front of them. Shadow took a few peas, put them inside the cup, moves the cup, and then slides the cup.

Shadow: "First thing we do is get some supplies, grab those longboats and row away back to Spain like there's no manaña!"

Sonic looks at Shadow, confusing; Shadow was smiling at him.

Sonic: "Back to Spain?"

Shadow: "Yeah"

Sonic: "Like nothing happens?"