Chapter 2

Katie's POV

I walked out of the YMCA, neon orange swimbag on my shoulder, and held my phone in my hands as I texted Jen.

To: Jen

From: Katie

We still meeting for Sbucks? I could go for it after that class.

To: Katie

From: Jen

Who do you think I am? Of course we are! COFFEE IS ALWAYS GOOD!

I laughed to myelf at her response. Someone's a sassy little shit today.

To: Jen

From: Katie

You're not wrong. See ya soon xP

I tossed my swim bag into the back seat of my red Dodge Intrepid ES, then set my black leather messenger bag and phone into the passenger seat. Before leaving, I made sure my phone was plugged in to charge. Even though it's only ten minutes there, it's ten more minutes I'm going to get.

I decided I was in the mood to blare Made In The A.M. I pressed number three out of the four CD holders I had. Yes, that is how old my car is, though it's not really that old. To be honest, I prefer CDs instead of having my phone hooked up to an AUX cord anyways. It's easier, and also I love the aesthetic of holding a CD and playing it.

The music helped calm the slight irritation I've felt all day. It hasn't been the best. To start my day off, I started my period; every girl loves to wake up to that. Then my amazing and wonderful friend Maddy, or as I call her, Matie, couldn't come in to work today at my dad's warehouse; she wasn't feeling good.

The next thing right before what I just got out of, which was teaching little gremlins how to swim, was I had to pay $20 for, my brother, Eric's clothes to ship to, my other brother, Nick's place in New York City; Eric is going to visit Nick for a week and a half. The reason I had to ship his clothes was because there wouldn't be any time for him to go back to Nick's place before they go to the baseball game. It's all a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

I swung into Starbucks parking lot and found my usual spot at the end, which had a tree planted near it so my car was shaded from the deathening sun. My car literally becomes a sauna in the summer. I have all black, leather interior; it's nice in the winter though.

I strapped my backpack on then headed on inside. I noted Jen wasn't here yet, but that's alright. I claimed our table with my backpack before ordering my Iced Caramel Macchiato. As my drink was served to me, Jen came waltzing in.

We smirked at each other before she went straight to order her drink first. Once she had her Iced Chai tea latte, she plopped her purple and pink wallet down, along with her keys, on the table.

"Hey bae." She said cheerfully.

I shook my head. "What's got you in a good mood?"

Now, she shook her head. "Can I not be in a good mood without a reason?"

"No." I gave her a look. "You're a Libra, remember?"

"I think I'd fucking remember my own zodiac sign." Jen snapped lightly, brushing back her close to black, short hair.

I only rolled my eyes in response. "So, what does have you all happy?"

"Nothing." She shrugged. "I'm just happy."

"Weird." I muttered under my breath.

Jennifer rolled her eyes into response of what I muttered.