Chapter 20

Katie's POV

"Kaddy?"

I looked over at Matie, and she looked ready to cry. "Yeah, Matie?"

"It's our last show."

I gave her a small smile, but it faded quick, and I nodded. "I know."

"Are you guys ready? The crowd seems insane!" Niall asked, clapping his hands together.

"It's our last show." I replied, and wiped away the small tear that slipped.

"Hey, hey, hey." Niall rested his hands on my cheeks. "It's not. It it with us, but not your last show. Your journey is just beginning. There's been talk of your own tour."

I laugh cried. "I'm gonna miss touring with you though, babe."

He sighed and yelled me into a hug. "I know. Me too. But it's good. It will be good."

"I know I'm gonna miss the piggy back rides, NiNi."

Niall's laugh vibrated on my face. "I'll make sure to give you one before we all separate."

"Good." Maddy huffed lightly and I couldn't help laughing.

My eyes caught the others walking around, talking with some crew, and just chilling. That's going to be one of the things I miss most. The vibe backstage is great. Everyone loves everyone and there's no judgement.

If Matie and I go on tour, what if we don't like our crew? What if security are complete assholes? At least I know we'll like our management. Jen's job will never stop as long as we're all still going.

I sighed deeply and sunk into Niall again. I didn't want to go. Not away from his arms, and not away from this tour.

I can't believe it'll all be over.

"Time for Kaddy&Matie to rock the Made In The Aftermath one last time." Charlie stated, a soft smirk on his face, and he handed us our headsets and in-ears.

My lip quivered. "Charlie, I think I'm going to miss you most. Paul, he's a close second."

Charlie chuckled and scratched his newly, grown in, black stubble. "You'll be alright, kid. And I promise to make good recommendations for your crew."

"Thanks, Charlie." I gave him a hug, then cleared my throat and tried to pull myself together.

Harry approached us and he patted our shoulders. "You're gonna kill it, loves."

This time, it was Matie who cried. "Harreh!"

"What?" He asked, his face deadpanning.

I shook my head. "I won't even dignify that with a real response. Come on, Mate. We gotta get behind the doors."

For the last few shows, the boys decided to let us have our set back completely to ourselves, which I get what they were going for but it is kind of unfair for the fans to this show. Although, it wasn't fair to the fans of the first month of shows either. There's no win either way, really.

I was given Harold and Maddy was given Lucy. I took a deep breath. Here we go.

The doors opened and Maddy and I walked out, in what felt like, slow mow and smiled and waved to the crowd.

***

I sat down at the end of the catwalk stage and just observed, taking it all in. A beautiful venue in Omaha, Nebraska. I laughed to myself. I remember being here to see 5SOS last summer. I couldn't stop myself from looking in the section we'd been sitting in and cursed to myself. They could definitely see us, clear as day.