Chapter 18

Katie's POV

“Niall.” I groaned. “What’re you doing?”

His strumming proceeded as he chuckled and, suddenly, his lips were by my ear and I felt something hard on my lower back. “Baby, please get up. I have a surprise.”

My eyes went wide for a moment. “If it’s for me to see your friend excited, then I’d rather stay with my face in the pillow.”

His laughs got louder. “It’s not that. Please, just turn around and sit up.” He started singing some new lines now.

“Katie, please get up. I want to see your beautiful face. The green of your eyes in the light. Your hair in a massive mess. Princess, please get up. Your voice is all I want to hear. Kill me with a rhetorical remark. Let me kiss you to quiet you.” He went full blown went into the happy Birthday song.

I laughed in defeat and flipped around onto my back. “Alright. I’m up.” I pushed myself to sit up and look at him in all his glory. It looked as if he was naked at the moment with the guitar covering his lower area and no shirt and pants on.

Wait, I’ve never seen this guitar before.

“Did you get a new guitar?” I asked, gesturing it. Honestly, I held my breath as he took the guitar off, but let it go when I saw he was wearing underwear. No, we still haven’t. Despite how many times we’ve seemed like we have with what we’re wearing, we haven’t.

“I did, but it’s not mine.” He smiled and handed it to me. “It’s yours.”

“What?” I exclaimed and, hesitantly, held the beautiful black hardtop, Fender acoustic. “Niall…” I looked at him, not sure of what to say.

He rested a hand in the crook of my neck and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. “I love you, Katie Lee. Happy birthday. She’s all yours.”

I smiled and moved to kiss his hand. “Thank you so much, Niall. I love her, and I love you.” He leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips.

I moved her so I could play a bit. I strummed my favorite chord first, G, and the vibration of the sound was incredible. Then I went on to play some random chords, which then turned out to start playing Forever My Father. I just learned it and I’ve been sort of playing it any chance I can.

“You have a name in mind, yet?” Niall asked, watching me intently.

I looked down at her and a name came to me instantly. “Rose. Jamie Rose.”

A goofy grin crossed Niall’s lips. “Perfect.”

There was three heavy knocks on the door. I cocked a brow at Niall and he shrugged.

No one should be stopping by this morning. We all get to do what we want until around two-thirty. That’s when we need to start getting ready for the premiere.

I handed Jamie Rose to Niall and got up to go answer. He set Jamie Rose in her hardcase and followed behind me. My eyes went wide at who I saw when I opened the door.

“Dad?”

It took one second for my dad’s face to get a bit red, from anger, and he pointed at Niall. “What’re you doing in my daughter’s room? And naked?”

Niall cleared his throat, and looked ready to shit his pants. “I’m not naked… and it’s our room. Sir. Dennis. Mr. Lee?” His voice cracked a bit, so he cleared his throat again. Niall kissed my cheek. “I think I’ll go get dressed. Nice, uh, meeting you.” He shot a small smile and walked back into the room.