Chapter 21

Jen's POV
"No, don't leave yet." Harry pulled me back against his chest.
Once again, I held back the tears I'd been fighting all morning at the sound of his broken voice.
"Harry," I said softly, "we have to get up eventually." I didn't face him as I pried his arms off of me. I sat on the edge of the bed and slipped on his tshirt from the day before.
"I don't know what I'm going to do without you, baby." His voice cracked again.
I shook my head and looked down at the floor. "We'll be okay, Haz." I whispered. "You know we will be okay."
I felt the bed shift and then his arms wrapped around me from behind. His kissed my neck softly, leaving soft nips and kisses along my jaw, my ear, and my cheek. He moved to the other side, repeating his movements.
I stood up quickly and faced him. "I can't stay any longer. If I don't get up now I'll miss the flight and then Kaddy and Matie will have no ride home from the airport once they get there."
His face broke my heart. "Okay. I love you."
I cupped his face and kissed him deeply. "I love you too, Harry. So much. I'll call you when I'm home. Maybe we can Skype once you get to London and you can meet my mom."
He smiled. "That sounds perfect. Be safe."
"Always."

"Are you ready to go?" Louis sat down beside me in the lobby.
I shook my head. "No."
"Where's Haz?"
"Upstairs. I asked him to stay up there until I've left. He said goodbye to the girls already." I said softly. I met the fringy haired boys gaze. "Thank you for everything, Lou." I leaned over and wrapped my arms around him.
"You don't have to keep thanking me, Jen. But you're welcome. Now, don't forget we have a Skype date in a couple weeks, okay."
I chuckled. "Yes, boss!"
He stood up and pulled me out of the chair.
I walked over to Liam and hugged him, catching him off guard as he spoke with Maddy. She said goodbye to him and walked off toward Louis.
"I miss you already, Jen. Especially these hugs. Cheryl has a lot to live up to after these three months." He chuckled softly.
"You two are really cute together, Li. I hope things work out for you."
"Thanks, love." He kissed my forehead. "Take care of yourself. We'll see each other again soon enough."
"I know." I said as I pulled away. "It just won't be the same without seeing your faces everyday."
"Just keep smiling, babe."
"Okay, Li."
I looked around the room at everyone I'd already said goodbye to. My hazel eyes met a pair of bright blue ones and Niall ran over and embraced me.
"I'm gonna miss you the second most." I whispered in his ear. I kissed his cheek as he pulled away. "Don't tell Harry, but you're still my favorite. I'm still very much a 'Niall girl'."
"Yes!" He cheered. He pecked my cheek. "Have a safe flight home."
"Thanks, Ni."
"Keep an eye on Katie for me, yeah?"
I nodded. "Of course."
"And text me when you can. I'll still be available to talk, but please be mindful about time zones."
I chuckled. "Of course."
He sighed. "I should go say goodbye to Maddy while Katie is with Lou. Gotta keep this game going awhile longer, right?"
I sighed. "Don't you think this has gone on long enough?" I asked quietly.
Niall shrugged. "I don't know, Jen. Katie and I didn't discuss it like we said we would."
"Jeff wants Harry and I to come out as a couple but Harry is so against it. Sometimes it hurts when he says it because it feels like he's ashamed of me."
His arms wrapped tightly around me and I buried my face in his neck. "Never think that, love. Harry is so in love with you. He's just trying to protect you. We've done a relatively good job of keeping you out of the media, just like we said we would. He's just keeping up his end of the promise."
"But I'm his girlfriend. I thought he'd want everyone to know." I whispered.
"Everyone who is important to him knows about you." Niall said gently. He pulled back and wiped away the tears off my face. "He told his mum and sister right away. His dad knew shortly after he told Jeff and Glenne. Jen, he loves you so much and is so happy with you that he told Taylor and Kendall and all of the girls pining after him."
I smiled. "That's good to know."
"Don't believe any rumors about him, okay? You know he's spending some time with the Azoff's which means Kendall will probably be there as well. He's only in love with you." Niall said reassuring me.
"Thank you, Niall. For everything. I'll miss you."
He gave me one more hug. "Remember what I said."
I nodded and picked up my bags. Preston took them out to the car we are taking to the airport.
After saying goodbye to a few other crew members, I found Maddy and Katie in the crowd of people. "You ready?"
They nodded.
Katie smiled softly. "Yeah, let's go."