Chapter 4

Katie's POV

I clutched onto Maddy's floral shirt as tried to breath, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. What was happening wasn't happening. I'm just dreaming.

"Bae, please breath." Jennifer stated, rubbing my back.

I shook my head. "I...I c-can't."

Jennifer forced me to look at her and spread my legs out. She held my hands in hers and looked my in eyes. "This is good, bae. This is good. Take a deep breath, and we'll respond to him together, okay?"

I nodded and released my hands from hers so I could wipe away my hot tears. I could barely hold my phone still, and I know I barely read what he had said but there was a few words that made me have this attack.

"Can you read it aloud?" I asked.

"Of course." Jen smiled. She cleared her throat before reading Niall's words.

"Hello Kaddy and Matie. The boys and I have watched many of your videos, both covers and originals, and we think you'd be a great addition to our North American part of the Made In The Aftermath tour. You'd be the opening act. We'd seriously love to have you join. Please reply with how you feel, and we can talk details over in person later. Nialler."

My body wouldn't stop shaking. There was no way I could type the response. What was our response? My mind started to think of what was going on this Fall. Editor training. Full class load. Publishing.

No fucking way.

Maddy and Jennifer were having a small freak-out at the moment as I spaced out. I shook my head. "We can't do it."

Both of them stopped and deadpanned in my direction.

"Why not?" Maddy slightly pouted.

"One very apparent reason." I gave her a look. "We have college."

"Fuck college." She replied.

I couldn't help laughing and neither could Jen as she did her 'Winnie The Pooh' laugh.

"Okay, maybe not fuck college, but it can always wait. This is a once and a lifetime opportunity. Literally."

I nodded and thought about it. "There's always online classes too. Doing one or two wouldn't be impossible I don't think."

Jennifer shot me a look. "You really want to be doing homework on tour?"

"Well, no, but I'm not sure I wanna completely put it on hold. What am I gonna do about the editor training? And my publishing?"

"We can still get you published on the road. And email Hannah about it. Maybe you can still help from a distance."

"Right... So.. what is our response?"

"Hell yeah!" Maddy exclaimed. "Kaddy and Matie are going on tour with One Direction!"

I laughed. "I guess we are."

"Bae, it's a good thing you and Luke didn't work out. That'd be awkward."

I rolled my eyes. "What? I literally met him for five seconds and I didn't even look him in the eyes or say anything. We weren't going to work out."

Maddy mimicked finger hand guns and I wanted to hit her. But I didn't. I guess it was kind of adorable.

"Okay, okay. What're we saying?" I gestured at my phone. Maddy snagged it away from Jennifer and started typing away. She has her way with words.

Suddenly, Maddy started talking, and it was what we were saying to them.

"Hi Niall, we are very pleased to hear of this opportunity. We'd love to join you for the North American part of Made In The Aftermath tour. However, we do have a few questions, which I'm sure will be answered in our meet up. Here is my number, call or text to set that particular meeting up, or feel free to continue on here."