Chapter 6

We carried on playing truth or dare for around 10 minutes, before we got called for our lunch!

"Grubs up!" Said Miss Jill.

The table was lined with various bottles and jars full of all the best pancake toppings. From whipped cream to maple syrup. From sprinkles to chocolate sauce! The possibilities were endless.

I decided to go for syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles. I looked over at Brennan who was sitting to my right, and he had his full concentration on trying to make his pancakes look like a masterpiece. I smiled at his cute, concentrating face and turned to see what Katie had chosen to top her pancakes with. Katie had decided to go for plain syrup, and had already eaten almost half of her pancakes! I look over to the over side of the table and find that Caleb had already finished! I don't know why I was surprised, because pancakes are one of Caleb's favourite foods!

"Would you like Miss Jill and I to go and bring all the mattresses down and set them up for your sleepover?" Said my mom.

"Yes please!" Replied Caleb.

Mom and Miss Jill left the room, and me, Brennan, Katie and Ryan carried on eating our pancakes.

I turned to Ryan. "Are you staying for the sleepover Ryan?" I said.

"No, not today, I'm going round to my friend Charlie's house tonight!" Ryan replied

"Oh okay then, we'll miss you!" I finish.

When we had all finished our pancakes, we headed back down to the basement to help our moms.

"Perfect timing! We're all done!" Said Miss Jill.

Because the mattresses don't all fit in one line, we have two singles pushed to make a double, and then another two singles pushed together to make a double at the end of the other ones.

"SHOTGUN THAT SIDE" Brennan said as he ran to one of the mattresses furthest away from the door.

"NOOO, I HATE SLEEPING BY THE DOOR. THIS ISN'T FAIR!" I shouted.

"Fine, you can sleep there Annie, I'll sleep over here!" Brennan said as he indicated to the mattress opposite mine.

"Yay, thank you so much Brennan, I love...." I said before I could even realise what I was saying. "I love having great friends like you guys!" I saved myself.

"That's okay!" Brennan replied

"Katie, you can sleep next to me!" I say excitedly.

"Perfect, we'll leave you guys to it!" Said Miss Jill.

"Hold up! Where's Hayley going to sleep?" Caleb questioned.

"Well I thought that you guys probably wouldn't want her intruding, so I organised for her to go round to Tessa's for a sleepover after we've filmed the video!" Replied mom.

"Thanks mom, you're the best!" I said.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hayley, but she never leaves my friends and I alone when we hang out. When I'm with my friends, I just want to hang out with my friends, not my sister.

"That reminds me, Hayley will be back very soon, Daddy just went to collect her. We'll be starting the activities pretty much as soon as she gets back, so you can get all your blankets and duvets set out and meet us outside!" Mom said as she exited the room.

"Thanks mom!" Caleb said loudly.

We all set up our duvets and pillows on our mattresses. This is where we all slept and what it looked like:

 This is where we all slept and what it looked like:

<><><><><><><><><>

Hope you all enjoyed chapter 6!
15 votes/stars for the next chapter.
Hope you're all having an amazing summer ☀️