Chapter 9

Anna POV

I woke up around 11 the next day and carefully removed myself from beneath Calum's sleeping figure. Once I was free from him, I ventured into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and got into the shower. I was rinsing my hair when I heard the door open. I knew Calum was planning to join me soon. I was right, because Calum slowly pulled back the shower curtain and stepped inside the shower with me. I was wary of being in the shower with Calum again after our previous shower encounter ending so badly. However, I was grateful at the same time because I had missed him lately. Once in the shower with me, Calum gave me a bear hug, kissing me all over my face and tickling my neck with his fingers. I trailed my hands up and down his back, enjoying the sensation of his skin on mine. Suddenly, Calum pulled away, tears fogging his eyes. I gave him a worried look and he spoke. "I'm not gonna lose you right?" I shook my head wildly.

"No, baby, no. Why would you think that?" I asked, curious what could have made him feel this way.

"I just," he paused to take a breath,"I know you really like Harry and I don't want him to steal you from me."

"Baby, I like his music and I think he's cute. But I don't know him. He's not you. I have been with you long enough to know that I love you." I stated firmly, my eyes locked on him all the while. "Nothing is going to ever change that."

"Promise?" Calum asked, tears falling from his eyes now.

"I promise," I said. I pulled him in close and we just stood there for a while. Holding each other and listening to the water running around us. When we finally separated, I smiled at him and wiped his cheeks with my thumbs. "I promise," I said again.

"Me too," Calum said, leaning in for a kiss. I graciously accepted his kiss and I could feel the relief emanating off of him in waves.

I was touched that Calum didn't want to lose me, but also hurt that he thought I would leave him that easily. I shook it off, though, and I decided that his emotions were just running a little bit wild. I took a breath and gave him a smile, which he returned. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too, Anna," he replied. It still amazed me how hearing him say my name could send a blush to my cheeks and tingles to my spine. I felt my smile grow and I gave him another kiss that he happily returned.

Calum POV

When we had finally gotten out of the shower and toweled off, I watched as Anna got dressed in leggings and a shirt of mine that was way too big for her. I smiled at her before beginning to get dressed myself. I struggled into some skinny jeans and pulled on a plain black shirt with white sleeves. I gave Anna a pout when I saw her lacing up her combat boots. "Where are you going?" I questioned.

"Stefy is taking me shopping," she said. I shook my head and sat her down on the bed.

"You're supposed to be on bed rest, babe."

"Not after one week!" She exclaimed happily. "It's been a week, and now I'm getting back out there!" I sighed, knowing she was right, but still wanting her to rest instead of straining herself. "I'll be okay," she began,"trust me." I nodded and sighed. I pulled on my black vans, brushed my hair, and left for yet another meeting. I knew that the whole time I would just be worrying about Anna, but I left anyway, trying to put my mind to rest.

Anna POV

I met Stefy outside my house, as she wasn't letting me drive because of my head injury. I was grateful, though. I hate driving. I hopped in the car and we talked for a couple minutes before heading to the mall. Once we arrived at the mall, we shopped for a while, neither of us really finding anything. Eventually, we gave up and went to the food court for smoothies. We sat and chattered excitedly about One Direction and I asked a million questions about what had happened after I had left yesterday.

"Niall and I hugged for like 20 seconds and I almost died," Stefy said with a giggle. I squealed, excited for her. Then, I launched into the story of how Harry had stayed behind to say goodbye to me. Stefy shrieked and asked many more questions than were necessary considering Harry and I had only talked for a minute or two. However, I played along so as to satisfy both of our inner fan girls. "Oh!" She exclaimed suddenly. "We forgot to go to Forever 21." I nodded and we got up to leave.

We dropped our empty smoothie containers in a trash can outside the store and headed inside. We looked around the clearance section, both of us finding adorable pairs of shorts that we promised to let each other borrow. Then, I found the holy grail of the shopping trip. A sleek, slimming, backless black dress that I was sure Calum would love. It had a gold neckline, and was rather short. Then, Stefy found the perfect pair of gold heels to go with it. We bought our stuff and left. "I declare this shopping trip a success!" I cheered. Stefy agreed with me and teased me about how much Claum was going to love me in my new dress. I teased her back about how Michael was going to absolutely love her in her new booty shorts and ripped tights. "Very grunge," I said, giggling. She gave me a playful slap on the arm, and we exited the mall.

As we made our way to the car, my head began to pound. "Stefy," I began, and I stopped walking. "My head hurts." I grabbed my head and tried to massage it, but nothing helped.

"Okay, lie down in my backseat and I'll drive you home, okay?" She said, helping me carry my bags. I lied down in the backseat as Stefy had instructed and on the way back, I fell asleep.