Chapter 8

Anna POV

We had spent a few hours laughing and eating with One Direction before my head began to pound again. "Cal," I whispered, poking him to get his attention. He looked at me with one eyebrow raised. "My head hurts," I said. I had all but forgotten about my injury. One Direction had created a very good distraction from the pain, but now it was back. "Sorry, guys!" I said, standing. "My head kinda hurts so I'm gonna go lie down." Everyone nodded and Stefy groaned, walking up to me and whimpering about how she would die without me here. I chuckled and apologized again before turning to head up the stairs. Calum lifted me and carried me up the stairs bridal style. I giggled and waved goodbye to all of my new friends. Harry smiled shyly and waved back at me. I smiled and then turned my attention to Calum, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled down at me and when we reached our room, he set me down gently on the bed.

"You should take a nap or something, babe," he said, sounding concerned. I nodded and, as if on cue, I yawned. "Do you want me to stay with you?" He asked gently.

"I do, but we can't exactly have both hosts abandon the guests now can we?" I said with a laugh.

"You're probably right," he began. "Just call for me if you need anything. I nodded and told him to tell Stefy to 'be good.' He said he would, and turned to head back downstairs.

"Wait!" I said. Cal whirled around. "I love you," I mumbled. He smiled and said he loved me too before I finally told him to leave.

After Calum left the room, I reached for the remote and turned on the TV. I surfed the channels until I found a new episode of Family Guy. I fell asleep to the sound of Peter bickering with Lois.

Calum POV

I headed back downstairs top join the group, wary about leaving Anna all alone. Once I reached the living room, I discovered that everyone was saying goodbye. "Woah! I leave for two seconds," I joked. Apparently the guys from 1D had another meeting to head to, and the guys from my band had decided to leave as well. Just as everyone was out the door, Harry stopped.

"Mind if I say 'bye' to Anna?" He asked innocently. I shrugged, not really wanting to say yes. I watched as Harry bounded up the stairs. I didn't give him directions but whatever. I went into the living room to clean up, trying not to think about what Harry could do to my girlfriend.

Harry POV

I walked around the hall for awhile trying to find the right room. Eventually I found it. I walked in and discovered Anna sleeping sweetly on her side, the TV blasting Family Guy. I chuckled, and was about to leave the room when Anna stirred. I turned to see her sitting up and staring at me with wide eyes. I began to apologize but she shook her head an stood, wobbling a little at first, but slowly gaining proper balance. She trotted over to hug me and we said a short goodbye. I apologized again for waking her but she brushed me off. We waved goodbye and hugged one more time before I left her room thinking just how luck Calum was to have her.

Calum POV

I heard the door shut and I walked up the stairs. I discovered Anna getting back into the bed. "He made you get up?!" I questioned roughly. She shook her head no. She said she was about to get up to call for me when Harry came in to say goodbye. I sighed, letting my anger fizzle out. "What did you need, babe?" I asked. She shrugged and said she just missed me and that she was thirsty. I nodded and headed back downstairs to fetch her a water bottle. Once I got back up the stairs, she had fallen asleep. I set the water bottle on her bedside table and carefully got into the bed beside her. I began to gently pull her into me, but before she was completely flush against my body, she flipped over in her sleep and cuddled into my side. I smiled and wrapped both arms around her, giving the top of her head a kiss. I turned off the TV and grabbed the book that Anna had been reading the past few nights, but when I grabbed it, the cover slipped off, revealing an entirely different book. The Harry Potter book cover had been hiding the cover for Fifty Shades of Grey. I chuckled and thought of how fun it was going to be to tease her about this when she wakes up. She's especially irritable when she's tired. I decided to read it a little bit myself. I was careful not to lose her place when I opened the book. I bega to read and realized that this book was thoroughly engrossing.

I read for a few hours before realizing that it had grown dark outside. I carefully slipped out from beneath Anna so that I could get undressed and get ready for bed. After brushing my teeth and replacing her book and the Harry Potter book slip back on her night stand, I flicked off the light and crawled back into bed with her.

While I was getting ready for bed, Anna had rolled onto her back. I pulled her in close to me and tucked my face into her neck, plating a few kisses there. I was getting drowsier by the second. I turned the TV on again to provide the background noise Anna usually loved. I lowered the volume and cuddled back into her. I lie there just watching her sleep for a while before deciding to join her in sleep. I rolled onto my stomach and placed my hand on her stomach, cuddling my face into her neck once more. After only a few moments, I was taken away by sleep.