Chapter 10

Calum POV

I opened the door to the house, expecting to hear Stefy and Anna laughing somewhere unknown. However, I heard nothing. Silence reigned in the house now, and I immediately got worried. I marched up the stairs to look for Anna and found her quite quickly. I opened the door to our bedroom and spotted her sleeping figure, splayed out on our bed. I smiled softly and brushed a stray hair back from her face. She grunted in her sleep and rolled over onto her stomach, burying her face in my pillow. "Baby," I whispered, leaning down so that I was near her ear. "Baby." She grunted again and put her hands over her ears. I laughed and sat down beside her. Anna rolled over to face me and scooted in close, not bothering to open her eyes. I leaned back against the headboard and gazed down at her. "How was the mall?" I asked in a quiet voice. She shrugged and opened her eyes, pulling herself onto my chest. My arm slipped around her waist and I gave her hip a soft squeeze. She squirmed and giggled at my touch and I was quickly reminded of how ticklish she was. I stopped, not wanting to ruin the calm mood.

"Ohh," she groaned, reaching up to massage her temples.

"What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly worried.

"My head's been bothering me for a few hours," she said. "But don't you worry your pretty little head, Cal, I came right home as soon as it started bothering me." I sighed, glad that she hadn't strained herself for Stefy's sake. I asked her what she got from the mall, skipping over the topic of her injury. "Oh!" She exclaimed, excitement rushing onto her features. "I got this one dress that you wouldn't believe. Stefy found the perfect heels to match, and then I got shorts but those don't really matter as much." I chuckled at her babbling. "Wanna see?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'd love to, but I also want you to rest. Getting up might make your head hurt."

"You're probably right," she said, relaxing again. "Wanna order dinner?" I smiled and agreed. We debated for a while on what to order and eventually decided on Mexican food. I got up to get the phone and crawled back into bed once our order was placed. "I'm cold," Anna stated and I pulled her close to me. She gripped my torso with her small hands and asked if we could watch something. I said yes but I kept the volume low so that her head wouldn't start hurting again. I flipped through the channels, getting drowsier by the minute. Eventually, I settled on an old episode of Family Guy and looked down at Anna for approval. But, her eyes were closed and her lips were slightly parted and I came to the conclusion that she was asleep. I grinned and kissed her forehead. I returned my attention to the TV and felt Anna shift slightly closer to me in her sleep. Soon, I was asleep, too.

Anna POV

I woke to the sound of the doorbell. The shrill noise echoed through the house, aggravating my headache even more. I shook Calum gently and he woke with a start. I informed him that the food had arrived and he got up to retrieve it. I stayed in bed until he returned, and he asked me if I wanted to eat in bed or at the small table in the center of our room. I replied that I would much rather eat in bed and he smiled. He climbed into the bed with me and opened the bag he had been carrying to reveal the delicious smelling food. I grinned and felt my headache subsiding. I reached for a package labeled "veg. Burr." I unrolled the burrito and began to stuff my face in an extremely unladylike fashion. Calum chuckled at me before taking a rather large bite out of his first taco. For some reason, he always ordered three, despite the fact that he never ate the third one.

I turned my attention to the TV and smiled when I heard the Family Guy theme song starting up. "IT SEEMS TODAY, THAT ALL YA SEE, IS VIOLENCE IN MOVIES AND SEX ON TV," I screeched before taking another bite of my burrito.

"You're strange," Calum said, staring at me in mock disgust. I then proceeded to tell him not to talk with his mouth full and, not unlike a child, he showed me the contents of his mouth. I grimaced and looked away, giggling to myself. We then sat in silence, completely absorbed by the show and our food. The only sound we made was the occasional guffaw at the antics of the Griffin family and their friends.

We soon finished our food and I got up to brush my teeth. While I brushed my teeth I could hear Calum crumpling up the bag of leftovers and putting it on the dresser to take downstairs later. I heard him collapse on the bed just as I finished brushing my teeth and I entered the bedroom once again. "Move it, starfish," I said, attempting to push Calum to his side of the bed. He shook his head and mumbled something unintelligible into my pillow. I sighed and decided to take Calum's bag of leftovers downstairs. Just as I was putting the bag in the fridge, there was a knock at the door.

I spun around, getting nervous because of the current hour of the night. I couldn't imagine who would be at the door. I tentatively walked towards the door, and when I reached the stairs I noticed Calum was tiptoeing down them. When he saw me, we locked eyes and he motioned for me to go to our room. I shook my head wildly, not wanting to leave his side. He nodded at me, a harsh look flooding his eyes. I hung my head and climbed the stairs to meet him. The knock came again and I froze. Calum's eyes darted to the door, then back to me, he motioned for me to keep coming. I finally reached the step he was on and gripped his arm tightly before kissing him. Then I went to our room as he had instructed. I waited impatiently, occasionally sticking my head out of the door to peek at Calum. After a few minutes, I watched as Calum unlocked the door and opened it. I sucked in a sharp breath and waited, not being able to see who it was. Then I heard Calum shout,"Hey, mate! How the hell are ya? Gave my girl and me quite a scare!" I sighed, and crept down the hall, peering down the stairs. I saw Michael standing there with a controller and a stack of video games.

"I scared you guys?" He asked, chuckling to himself. "Did you forget we were supposed to game tonight?"

"Maybe," Calum said, smirking at Michael. I smiled and walked down the stairs to meet them.

"Hey, Mikey," I said cheerily, my adrenaline wearing off. "You didn't bring Stefy with you?" He shook his head and apologized. I pouted at him. "Well, poo," I whimpered.

"It's alright, love," Michael said, leaning down to hug me. "Next time." I nodded and looked at Calum. He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

"Can I watch?" I asked. Calum nodded and Michael frowned at me in mock annoyance. "Oh, Mikey," I giggled,"get ready to third wheel!"

(Hope you liked this chapter! Sorry for the late update, but school is kicking my ass)