Chapter 6: Let's talk.

"Where you from, hows it going?
I know you
Gotta clue, what you're doing?
You can play brand new to all the other chicks out here
But I know what you are, what you are, baby"

Sunday Morning.

"Good morning."

"Morning."

I slid into the booth with Natsu on the other side, giving me a quick glance before typing on his phone placing it down.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Why am I here?" I asked impatiently as he frowned slightly. His eyes flickered down to his phone before he picked it off the table again.

"Didn't want this to be awkward after-"

"All we did was make out in your car forget about it."

He smirked before his eyes flickered to his phone again, him sighing. He was about to speak but the placement of our menus beat him to it.

"I'm hello.. I'm Ariez.. And um I'll be your waiter for today.." A shy girl with cotton candy pink hair approached us as she placed down the menus gingerly. Natsu stared at her as she had looked back at him before stuttering. "I-is the-re s-something I-I can help you with s-sir?"

He took ahold of menu and shook his head, she bowed and walked away quickly before I picked up my menu.

"Anyway." I spoke as I opened it to the first page, pancake and waffles on the first page. I looked up to see Nastu concentrated on the menu in from of him. "You know I have a question." I placed down the menu, I'll just get the usual thing I get at breakfast places. He hummed as he didn't give me a second look his eyes scanning the flimsy menu. "Well why do you chase girl after-"

"They know what's going on and if they want to have the time of their life who am I to deprive it from them?"

"Guess it's just your irresistible looks then." I muttered, as he placed down the menu.

"You think I'm irresistible?" He inquired as I shook my head.

"No, more like the opposite."

"Ouch."

After breakfast with Natsu told he needed to pick up something from the farmers market. He had taken me with him, considering the fact that I had gotten a ride to the diner in the first place. The farmers market was a decent sized place on the corner of the strip mall. As we walked in a gust of the cold air greeted me, all the vegetables and fruits piled high on produce display tables. Natsu grabbed a small green basket before going down one of the isles, making his way to the back. A fishy smell along with a variety of fish laying on ice, tongs leaning on the glass.

"Usual?" A man with a accent asked as he was washing the some fish, turning his body a bit to see Natsu.

"Yeah, how's the family?"

The man let out a slightly chuckle. "Is good." He smiled and turned back to finish his job. I held my arms as the cold from the refrigeration display cases on the far ends of the room made the market colder than outside.

"Do you come here often?" I asked, looking at the moving crabs that were just brought inside.

"Yeah, Happy eats like a monster. But he gets it from me." He smiled nonchalantly as I shivered a bit.