Chapter 8: That boy.

"Are we an item? Girl, quit playing
We're just friends, what are you saying?"

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Natsu asked as I exited the car, putting my backpack on my shoulder.

"Yeah sure, bye Natsu."

He nodded and watched me go into my house before driving off.

"How was school?" My mom asked from the kitchen as I walked through the door.

"It was fine, nothing exciting."

"I see you hanging out with that boy a lot." I took off my shoes, putting them in the designated area before entering the kitchen

"He's just a friend of mine." I told her, giving her a proper greeting with a hug and such.

"Yeah that's what they all say until you start catching feelings." She hummed, continuing to stir something unknown in the pot.

"It's not like that I don't see him like that."

"Mm sure, go set the table for dinner."

"Yes mom." I walked over to where we kept the placemats and utensils grabbing enough for the both of us.

"Did you finish your homework?"

"Yeah, I worked on it with Natsu."

"Ah so that's his name."

"Yes." Setting the down on the table I arranged them in a nice order. I didn't want to talk about this with my mom, Natsu's not something she'd understand.

"And all you did was homework right?"

"Yes! That's nasty!"

"You better only be doing homework, cause if I catch you having sex or having babies-"

"Mom!"

"I'm just saying."

"He's a friend!" I told her going over to get the plates for the two of us and placing them down on the placemats.

"I trust you (Y/n). Don't make me regret it cause I put you in this world and I could take you right out."

"Promise." I said, rolling my eyes as I finished.

I left the room going to go change into comfortable clothes as my phone buzzed. Picking it up I saw a text from Natsu.

Hot Hottie: I'm bored! Come over and chill

(Y/n): Can't. About to have dinner after I change really quick.

Hot Hottie: Can I watch? ;)

(Y/n): Your so gross.

Shutting off my phone I changed into comfortable clothes before going back into the kitchen, my mom putting food on the table.

"So when am gonna meet this friend?"

"Are we still talking about this?" I covered my face with my hands and groaned as she continued.

"You barely got any kinda gossip in your life and I just a wanna get a scoop!"

"We're talking about a person not ice cream and I don't see him like that." I moved my hands away from my mouth to speak clearly, never meeting her gaze in the process.

"Okay sure, hand me your plate."

It was a good night, nothing to crazy beside the fact that my mom kept teasing me about Natsu.

Tuesday.

Guess who got the biggest one this morning.

Moi!