just another face.

Min Yoongi taps his fingers tiredly on the plastic keys of his desktop computer. Shrouded by the grey mundane walls of a cubicle, with his coworkers on every side of him, Yoongi throws his life away.

Trapped in a box of boredom.

Who knew you could feel alone in a room full of forty people? It's easy, when the only familiar face is that of a girl, whom you've dedicated everything to—sat, captured in a picture frame on the edge of your desk.
It's even easier to feel lonely when she bores you too.
Why be with a person you hate? Easy: because you haven't got anyone else. Because she's taken everything from you—and because she's turned you into exactly the person she wants you to be (more specifically, a male-clone of herself).

You were supposed to be an artist. You were supposed to be happy. You were never meant to be an accounting temp. No one was made to be an accounting temp.

Files upon files in computer folders stack up, driving Yoongi crazy at the lack of organization. He never minded organization, until a witch with dark black hair, piercing eyes, and a certain infatuation with the color beige walked into his life. Now he sits, deleting digital media from a computer that isn't even his, unworried by potential consequences.

His computer pings a familiar sound which startles him—his personal email.

An email. The first one, of what seems like the longest day of Min Yoongi's life. He clicks around the desktop, looking for any sign of the Google Chrome logo. Finally he finds it. He opens the message. Min Yoongi begins to cry quietly, so as not to draw the attention of the other accountants.

You have an email from:
juhoseok16@washington-publicsch.org

Subject: FIVE YEAR REUNION - INVITATION

Hello, Min Yoongi, of the class of 2016. I am Hoseok, the Head of the Washington Highschool Alumni Program. You are cordially invited to an Alumni reunion. Classes of 2012 to 2020 will be in attendance. Cheers! We at the Washington Public HS Alumni Team hope to see you there.

P.S. You are permitted to bring one guest to accompany you. Cheers!

-Jung Hoseok, Head of WPHS Alum.

How could a first love write an email so cold? To Hoseok, Yoongi was just another name on the long list of past-students (that is what Yoongi thinks as he stands up and jogs to the restroom, splashing his face with cold water, and staring dead-eyed into the mirror above the sink).
Min Yoongi will not go to the reunion—even if it means seeing the love of his life one more time. Yoongi's worst nightmare is forgetting Hoseok's face.

How long can something stay in your memory? Is five years the point where it all goes black? Is it when you forget? Is it good to forget? Does it hurt to forget?
...

Min Yoongi will go to the reunion.

Min Yoongi will find that familiar face.

Min Yoongi will make Hoseok regret how he left.

Min Yoongi will make Hoseok yearn to forget him.