not all goodbyes

I'm sorry that my love has hurt you.

Yoongi says, staring at the bathroom floor as he turns away from Hoseok.

I never wanted to hurt you. I'n sorry that pain was the only thing I knew. You deserved all of the love in the world. I'm so sorry. I see that now.

You realized that a little bit late.

Hoseok would say as he grabs Yoongi's wrist.

I am sorry too. I am sorry that I didn't help you. I did not make you better. I am sorry that it hurts to see me. In my defense, it hurts to see you too.

Yoongi turns to face Hoseok with a shy smile.

I would love to more-formally catch up with you very soon. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to give you my number as well.

Yoongi snatches the cell phone out of Hoseok's tired hand. Hoseok is drained, and he does not fight to get it back.

Yoongi...you said that you could not love me. I said that I can not love you.

Hoseok says as Yoongi looks up at him with a blank stare, and chuckles—shaking his head and reverting his attention to the screen of Hoseok's phone.

Who said anything about love? I just want to show you something. I'm going to go into the main hall and socialize, Hoseok. You don't need to join me now—but I hope you agree to at a later date. How does tomorrow night sound?

Yoongi does not have his glasses on—so he struggles to punch in his phone number.

Why are you doing this?

Yoongi hands Hoseok's phone back and shrugs a familiar shrug, that Hoseok always associated with irritation.

You've been like this since high school! Don't worry. Let loose. You will be fine. I'll see you around, Hoseok.