until it finally lasts.

"What do you want with me?" Hoseok leers, looking Yoongi up and down as he greets him at the front door—a bouquet of lilies in Yoongi's arms.

"I want forgiveness," Yoongi says sternly, "And I want to fix what we had. I want you, Hoseok."

"I've tried so hard to forget about you," Hoseok says, opening his door wide and gesturing for Yoongi to enter, "I was doing so well. I hadn't thought about you in months. And now, low and behold, you're here. You ruined it, Yoongi. You ruined me. I do not want to be ruined again."

"I've changed," Yoongi insists, setting the flowers down on the old kitchen table which he and Hoseok once shared. Yoongi scans the room and notices that an old painting of his is still hanging up above the same mattress which lies on the floor.
"After being with Soyul, I've grown," Yoongi says, "She's moulded me into the person you deserve."

"Why don't you stay with her?"

"I could never love her in the way I loved you, Hoseok. I still love you."

"I don't want to be hurt again, Yoongi. Being with you was great in high school. I regret none of that. Know that I will always love you. I just don't know if we are right for one another."

"But, that does not mean we shouldn't try. And I promise, if I ever hurt you again—I will not expect another chance. All I need is this one."

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"You trusted me before, right?"

"Please, go home, Yoongi. I accept your offer," Hoseok smiles, "I'm willing to start over, I just need time—"

"No," Yoongi interrupts, "We will not start over. We will pick up right where we left off, as if nothing ever happened."

"That's absurd," Hoseok says, watching as Yoongi strolls to the opposite side of the room, opening the bird cage.
Hoseok is immediately transported back to the day he brought home that bird. How mad Yoongi was, but how forgiving he immediately became.

"It wont be easy," Yoongi says, as BamBam crawls onto his index finger, "But, I do have a real job now. I'm sure splitting the rent here wouldn't exactly hurt you..." he says slyly as Hoseok chuckles for the first time with Yoongi in many, many years.

"You're right," Hoseok laughs, walking to the couch and flopping onto his chest, "You're always right. This is so strange though. How do we even go about this?"

"I'll sleep on the couch. Slowly but surely, we will move my things in—until all of this feels natural," Yoongi says calmly, "For now, we are exactly what we were when you first moved in here. We are roommates, trying to get comfortable around each other again. Then, we'll see where it goes."

"Why can't we do this from separate homes?"

"Being apart never benefitted either of us," Yoongi reminds him, "We only ever hated one another when we were apart."

"So, you don't want to start over, but you don't want to start where we left off?"

"I just want to be with you," Yoongi groans, "You ask so many questions. Let's just...be."

"Fine. We'll just be," Hoseok says, breathing out loudly, "You should call Soyul. You should tell her about this. I don't want to hide this from her."

"Soyul knows," Yoongi laughs, "Soyul is the reason why I'm here. She's packing my car with my clothes right now," Yoongi smiles a toothy grin as Hoseok rolls his eyes.

"This is crazy," Hoseok says, "Absolutely crazy."

"So are we," Yoongi says, "It's only fitting"

"I've missed you," Hoseok admits.

"I know," Yoongi replies, setting the bird back in its cage, and sitting on the floor in front of Hoseok and looking at a text message from Soyul:

Soyul, 12:47PM
TO: YOONGI
I knew he wouldn't be able to say no. I'll have your things over in thirty xoxo. I wish you well, babe.

"Soyul should be bringing my things soon," Yoongi says, setting his phone down,
"In the meantime, how about we catch up? How have you been, Hoseok?"