Chapter 1: The Ghost

Hey everyone! So this is the first chapter hope you enjoy and the story should get better as it goes on. I'm probably gonna start rambling on in a minute so lets just start the story.
____________________________________________________

Lucy's POV

After a bad nights sleep I woke to the normal sound of the door banging, another normal boring day, I thought as the maid then walked in as I started to sit up in my bed. "Sorry Princess, did I wake you?" the maid asked as she placed my breakfast upon my lap.

"Yes you did, but its alright no need to worry," I explained as I rubbed my eyes till trying to wake up.

"Ok Princess," then the maid began to swim out of my bedroom and then she suddenly stopped and turned to face me when she reached the door, "oh and Happy 18th Birthday," she gave me a gentle smile and then continued to swim out and closed the door behind her.

"Great another Birthday, another anniversary of my mothers death, and farther doesn't even give a damn," I muttered to myself whilst I began to eat my breakfast. Just when I was about to finish there was a mysterious bright light, which was almost comforting came from the middle of my bedroom, from complete horror I hid underneath my blankets shivering from fear. This creature would probably find me anyways. God damn it I'm stupid, should have gone under the bed, I thought, but then, "It is alright I wont hurt you, i'm here to help," a soft voice came from the bright light that was starting to fade. Out of curiosity I looked over my pink blankets to find a girl younger than me standing in front of my bed. STANDING!?

"What, who are you, how can u breath in the water?" I asked as I started to slowly come out from beneath my blankets.
"I'm Mavis, and I'm not human. Well I was. And I don't have enough time to explain but I've had a message from you're mother and she wants me to help you get out of this prison of a castle, Princess Lucy Heartfilia of Celestia"

"I don't understand, how would you get a message from my mother? " I questioned as I sat on top of my bed as my sleek pink tail started to relax and my long blond hair floated around my body almost giving the impression that I was some sort of angel.

"Lucy I am dead, and I have been for a long time. What you see before you is my ghost, its a very long story and I don't have enough time to explain. Anyways your mother and me where best friends before she passed. We wanted humans and mermaids to live in harmony, however this plan went down hill when she died. So, your mother wants you to get out of this kingdom, go and adventure the human world and make peace between the humans and mermaids."

"My farther told me that my mother died because pirates wanted her for their wish and it didn't work so they blamed it on her and killed her. Also, he said it is forbidden to be friends or even talk to a human," I explained as I hugged my tail trying not to think about my mothers passing, I miss you so much mum.

"Lucy, listen I don't have much time! Your farther is a murderer, everything will make sense and will be explained later. Look, you'r mother gave me these keys, they contain the 12 zodiac celestial spirits. They will give you the freedom to walk on land and give you the power to fight when you need to. These keys used to belong to your mother before she died but she wanted me to give them to you on your 18th Birthday." Mavis explained as she gave me my mothers golden keys. "I have to be going now, but go to Fiore bay just east from here as soon as you can," and as soon as Mavis said her last sentence she faded leaving me alone, speechless and dumbfounded.

I looked down at my new keys and embraced them thinking of my beloved mother. Thank you mum, I will make you proud, I thought as I put my new keys in a pouch and then attached them to a belt and placed it around my waist. Then quickly, I packed a bag with my very special belongings, including a small book that contained pictures of my beautiful mother and stories that she had wrote for me when I was younger. This is my time to be free, after so many years I can now live a life the way I want, I thought as I started swimming to the door with excitement running through my veins.

After nearly 18 long years of being trapped she can finally have a proper life, this is where her story begins. Will she get out of the castle or will she be caught? Find out in the next chapter!
____________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed it, sorry is it wasn't that good. The next one will be better!