|09|

| Jack's POV |

I opened my eyes slightly and felt a strong pair of arms around me. I lifted my head to see who it was, and I found Mark. His glasses were sliding down his nose, so I gently pushed them back up, not wanting to wake him. I buried my face into his shoulder, tempted to place a light feathery kiss on his neck. I felt him shift and looked into his warm, chocolate brown eyes. A blush creeped across my face, so I stopped staring. Mark pulled me closer to him. I felt safe. I didn't really mind my cracked gem. I felt like nothing could hurt me with Mark protectively putting his arms around me. His voice brought me out of my thoughts.
"What time is it?" Mark asked, pushing up his glasses and rubbing his eyes. I remembered my phone in my back pocket, pulled it out, and showed it to Mark. "3:00 already? Wow, we slept for like four hours."
"I'm not too late! I had a video prepared, and I can upload one today." I beamed at Mark.
"It's good to know that you're feeling better." He got up from the couch and stretched his arms over his head, pulling up his shirt a bit. I could see his V-line and a bit of his toned stomach. I didn't realize I was starting until he smirked and purposely flexed his biceps. We both laughed it off.
"Well I better get going. I don't want to bother you." Mark absentmindedly scratched the back of his neck.
"Oh yeah, I forgot you still need to upload. Sorry I kept you here so long," I apologized and looked down at my feet. Mark stepped closer and lifted up my chin, so I would look at him.
"Don't apologize. Something was wrong, so I came and help. I care about you, Sean." Mark's gaze and small speech made my heart melt. I smiled and blushed a bit. "That's what friends are for, right?" I stiffened at the word, and my heart plummeted to the pit of my stomach. Friends. I mustered a small, fake smile and nodded my head. He pulled me in for a hug and said goodbye. After closing and locking the door behind him, I went over to my computer and uploaded a video. I pressed the heels of my hands to my eyes and put my elbows on my knees. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I released a sob that I didn't know I was holding.
"Is that all we are? Just friends?" My voiced cracked at the last word.

He gave me shivers whenever he spoke. He gave me butterflies whenever I felt his touch on my skin. I was falling hard for him. He was such a flirt at times, so confusing to read.
'He doesn't love me back...'

-| AN |-
the feels

ugh I keep finding these small mistakes and trying to fix them

they bother me so much