Chapter 2

I waited until the class has finally started. I played close attention to what the teacher was lecturing to us until he was interrupted by someone coming inside the classroom door.

I glanced over to see a young boy with a black helmet hair cut, as well his school uniform. His expression seem offly bored and blankly at the same time. He slowly walked towards my direction as he sat on the empty desk next to mine. I noticed he didn't looked at anybody from the classroom when he walked in. But excused himself from being late before.

Everyone went back the way they we're as the teacher went back to lecturing us. I couldn't help but to look at the boy next to me. He took out his journal like any other student would do as he opened it and started to write down the notes that the teacher left for us to write. I felt something in my chest that wouldn't leave me alone. I felt butterfly's in my stomach as my cheeks we're starting to glow pink again.

Was I crushing on this guy already?!

I tried shaking that off me as I went back to taking notes down.

A few moments later, my pencil had slipt from my hands as it fell next to the boy next to me.

"Oh no..."

I took a deep breath as I was about to reach for it myself, until I noticed him get it for me. I looked at him in shock as he looked straight back at me. His eyes looked strange but that didn't matter to me. I felt my cheeks turn pink again as he finally said,

"Here, you dropped this" he spoke softly.

I looked at my pencil in his hand as I reached for it.

"Thank you" I said shyly as I went back to writing the notes down.

His voice and his appearance wouldn't leave my mind. I knew deep down that I was starting to have feelings for him. But I had to forcefully say to myself that I couldn't.
Fearing of being rejected again was stuck to me forever...since i have been in the past. Even when I was a little girl.

***

Finally, it was lunch time. I took out my lunch bag from my backpack and started to eat my meal. I took out my book to read and sat on a table by myself.

After turning each page, I looked around my surroundings to see if anyone was watching me. After turning to the next page, I sensed a strong Esper presence near me.

I put down my sandwich to see a blonde guy starring right at me. Reading his expression on his face seemed that he took interest in me.

"...He seems like a f*ck boy to me..."

I looked back at my book as if nothing had happened. I sensed his presence getting stronger. Until I finally noticed him walking towards me.

I had no choice but to look up again.

"Can I sit here?" He said with a mischievous smile on his face.

I only nodded and went back to reading my book in front of me. I was concerned that he might hit on me or something.

Suddenly, I felt someone put my book down on the table. I looked at the blonde guy to see his face in front of me. Slowly I leaned back and watched him sit next to me.

"I've never seen a beautiful girl like you around here, what's you're name?" He kept his smile on his face.

I looked at him with my normal gesture and said,

"My name's Tenshi-san Akari. I just moved here..." I simply said and tried to look back at my book on the table.

He blocked my view from my book as he placed his hand on top of it. 

"Tenshi-san?... What a cute name you have... You must be a new student. Has anyone welcomed you to this school yet?"

I shook my head. "No..."

He only chuckled as he tried looking at me irresistibly. But that trick wouldn't work on me...for sure.

"Well then, welcome to Salt Middle School. My name's Hanazawa Teruki. But my friends call me Teru. It's a pleasure to meet someone like you here. Would you like for me to... Show you around?" He got up as he offered his hand to me.

I thought for a moment as that boy from before crossed my mind. Hoping to see him around somewhere. I smiled to the thought of him.

"Yes, but just let me gather my things first" I said as I put my things away in my backpack.

"Please, allow my boys do that for you" he snapped his fingers as a bunch of guys his age approached and packed my things for me.

I looked back at Teruki as he still offered me his hand.

"That's okay, I'm good" I smiled again.

"Very well then. C'mon, I'll lead you the way" I looked at him take the lead as the boys behind him followed.

I stood there for a moment as I followed him as well.

***

After showing some of the places around the school's campus, I noticed some guys picking on small boy on the steps ahead of me.

As we got closer to them, Teruki came into a holt with the boys behind him.

Teruki looked back at me and back to his boys. 

"I'll be right back. Take care of my girl here..." He walked over to the other boys who were picking on the small one.

"...What?..."

I couldn't see the little boys face but the back of his appearance looked familiar to me. I sensed to see who it was and i couldn't believe my own guts.

It was him...the boy with helmet hair.

My eyes grew in worry some. Concerned that they might hurt him or do something to him. I couldn't let that happen. My guts at the same time told me to protect him. But with the guys behind me, i couldn't.

Then, something came to mind. I decided to use my powers. Just this once. But i didn't wanted Teruki to sense that i was an Esper like him.

So i had to block my power senses at the same time. But if i do that, i would probably pass out...

I looked back to see Teruki command the other boys to beat the little boy up.

I didn't have a choice...

I grip my hands into fists as I try to focus my powers on making the other boys feel ill. I closed my eyes as I looked down to sense that it was working.

"I don't feel so well..." One of the boys said weakly.

"M-me too...was it something that I ate?" With that, the helmet boy took this advantage to get away.

I glanced back to see him walk away from the boys who tried picking on him.

I sighed of relief but to feel a bit light headed. I felt my entire body lost balance as I closed my eyes instantly.

I had passed out.

To be continued...