Chapter 3 - No One Else but Friend Stood By

Part 3 – No One Else but Friend Stood By

Both Sid and atul's pager goes off for reporting on their duty. Atul when to general ward while Sid wen towards ICU. He checked the patient once then seeing him sleeping Sid went to collect the reports from path lab when he returned taking the reports he went and sat on the Couch placed in the room. Instead of reading the reports or analyzing it Sid was lost in his own memories lane of past month. Suddenly the patient lost his stability over life, he started sinking lost in his own life earlier he was unable to recall the history of the patient and ordered sister assisting to bring an injection with certain medical terminology to stabilize the patient but instead it worsen his condition. As the patient was a heart patient with high sugar level which is a risky level and the injection Sid gave him was high in sugar content. And Next second armaan who was passing in reach of atul saw patient sinking in bad condition with Sid standing little away in the shock of learning his misdeed.

Armaan controlled the situation with sister assistance they he was to turn back to Sid when his eyes fall on the broken medicine tube kept beside he bed table. Armaan saw the name over the medicine with surprise. He in raised voice asked Sister "Sister Who gave this injection to the patient." Sister got afraid with his anger and pointed her finger towards Sid who was by now looking down. Armaan who have operated the patient 4 days back with the outcome of success was about to lose that patient due to an intern. So he stood in-front of him "What the Hell Dr.Modi.... What is this... don't you know that patient is highly allergic to any of the sugary content due to high sugar level of his body then why the hell you provided him this certain Medicine... are you out of your mind... If you don't want to work then better stay home and rest don't come here and play with people's life."

Sid was standing with bow head but ridhima witnessed this incident in the ICU. For the moment she went from there with a thought cooking in her mind. Armaan too went away from there instructing sister to observe the patient and keep him updated about his health glaring Sid. "I want you in my cabin Right now... Dr.Modi" Sid nodded his head a little and then followed him.In cabin Armaan asked Sid to explain the situation but Sid never gave any words in his own favor. Armaan sight and then gave him suspension of a couple of week with the responsibility of clearing the on-ward billings of the same patient.... He have to report this incident high authorities now as a rule to be followed. Ridhima came to learn this next day when Sid asked her to go alone he won't be coming.

Ridhima before going to Sanjeevni reached armaan's house. Knocking the door ridhima went in finding the door open to be greeted by atul with cold response. "Ridhima what are you doing here...."

"I am here to meet armaan." Atul hate the fact now "Why you want to meet him now. After breaking him apart completely what are you here for." Ridhima looked at him in surprise. "Don't be surprised ridhima... I am the same atul but I guess you are not the same ridhima we all know about months ago. And don't think armaan is alone in his life. You have hurt him enough for this life now he have his brother with him who won't let you hurt him now."

Armaan who came from the kitchen hearing atul talking to someone saw ridhima in his home. Wiping his hands armaan walked towards her. But atul stopped him "No need armaan... there is nothing left now Ridhima.... You can leave. We don't want to hear anything from you at all." Armaan spoke "Chill Champ... let her speak first." Atul looked at him and then spoke up "Armaan you still want to hear her... even now..."