Naomi

It's been a week since me and Freddie got together and a week since Cook acts more strangely with me than he is used to.

I keep falling asleep in Freddie's house so today, before school, I had to go home and change my clothes and take some books.

"Had some fun, huh?" Effy asks when I walk into her room to find my politics book. Effy is putting on some make up in front of a mirror "You look disgustingly happy"

"Oh, shut up, Eff" I look under the bed "Where's my politics book, hoe?"

"In the closet, bitch"

"Why would you put my book in your closet?" I walk towards the closet and open the door and there it is, lying on Effy's bras.

"Because that's where you keep your weed, isn't it?" Effy looks at me.

"I'm going now, you're coming with me?" I ask getting back in her room before leaving.

"Nope" She answers and makes disgusted face "If I'll see you and Freddie again acting like you've just married I'll puke all over you"

"Puke on Freddie"

"You're my cousin"

"And he's a guy"

"No kids before 18!" Effy yells from her room.

I laugh and leave.

*****
"Who are you hiding from?" I ask Naomi when she tries to hide in the crowd.

"Emily" She answers and we go behind the school to sit on the bleachers and smoke.

"You're such a twat"

We sit there and wait for Kieran to come.

"Hi" He says and we both smile. This is what I've been waiting all this morning.

"Hey" We both say.

We take our cigarettes out and light them up. I haven't smoked for couple of days and this feels fucking awesome.

"I'm late. Am I late?" Kieran asks in his strong Irish accent.

"Of course not" Naomi answers and I just enjoy my cigarette.

Kieran talks about how Harriett wants to send him on some healing teaching shit or something like that

"Fucks sake" I say under my breath.

"And guess what" Kieran says "I fucking hate teaching. So how's your mum?" He asks. "Still saving the world?"

And now they talk about Naomi's mum, I couldn't care less really, but I just really needed this.

Kieran makes us laugh and then the bell rings and he has to go.

"Our glorious leader has summoned us all. Oh, you're gonna like this, girls"

"Like what?"

"You'll see"

*****
"Hey, babes" Freddie kisses me and sits next to me on the couch "You weren't answering me today"

"Sorry, got business" I catch Cook staring at me, but I look at Freddie. "You hair looks shit"

"As long as it comes from you, everything is a compliment"

"Loser"

"And yet you love me"

"Probably"

I look over at Effy who gives me a weird look and then looks at Cook. Suddenly the lights shut down and some of the girls scream.