Sophie and Effy

"I'm telling you, that's not it" I'm arguing with Naomi and I can swear that about like half of the class is staring at us.

"Wanna bet?"

"Haven't we got like three more bets?"

"Possibly you're afraid?"

"You fucking wish" I shake Naomi's hand.

"Okay" Kieran say "If that's sorted, let's watch a DVD. Again"

"What was that about?" Freddie takes my hand and crosses his fingers with mine.

"Girl stuff" I flash a smile at him. I look at Effy who pretends to puke and I roll my eyes at her.

Freddie kisses my hand. I smile even wider and catch Cook staring at us.

"You alright, Cook?" I ask looking at him.

"What?" He looks straight into my eyes, which makes me a bit uncomfortable.

"You alright?"

"Why would you care?"

"Mate, she's just being nice" Freddie says and Cook gives him a death stare.

"That went well" Effy says when I look at her.

"Oh shut up"

We sit like that for couple of moments. Freddie is still holding my hand. I gently take my hand out because I'm so bored I actually wanna start writing something down.

"Nerd" Freddie and Effy both say at the same exact moment.

"Shut up" I say to both of them.

Two minutes later someone knocks at the door and everyone except me turns to look who it is.

"Hello" Says some guy and his voice sound kind of familiar to me "I'm looking for Sophia Stonem, someone told me she's in this class" I look at Kieran and start gesturing that he wouldn't say anything.

"Sorry, boy" Kieran looks at me "She's not in here. Try other class"

"Kieran, what do you mean?" JJ buts in "Sophie is sitting right here" He points at me.

"Fuck, JJ" I say under my breath. I get up and turn around "Daniel?" I ask.

"Wow, Sophie, you look..." He's trying to find a right word.

"Different" I help him.

"Yes, but still really beautiful" He looks at me like he hasn't seen anyone like me before.

Okay, well Daniel definitely took me by surprise, but that's probably my fault as well. Freddie scoffs when I and Daniel are staring at each other not saying anything.

"So what are you doing here?" I cross my arms.

"You weren't answering" He says and I realize that everyone is still staring at us.

"Let's take this outside, okay?" We walk out of class "I changed my number. And even if I haven't it's awkward talking to you"

"Why?"

"You always say..."

"I still love you"

"And then I have to say"

"But I don't love you anymore. At least not like I used to" He finishes my sentences. I smile and nod and he touches my arm.

"I think they can hear us" Daniel whispers. I nod "Then let's make it quick. Your cousin is getting married and she wants to see you in her engagement party"