Freddie

"I'm not even sure we should be here after what happened" I say while Effy hands me a cigarette.

"He got pissed at you for staying with me" Effy says and looks me right in the eyes "So if he's still mad, fuck him then"

"Everything is so easy for you"

"For you as well"

Effy helps me to finish the cigarette and we still are sitting in Freddie's garden. I'm not sure what's weirder or that we are here after what happened or that we're here after what happened.

Effy plays with her bracelets and I text Naomi, who was asking how my boyfriend is doing. I hear the doors slam and I put my phone in my pocket. We sit quietly until Freddie turns around and sees us.

"Hello" He looks surprised and confused at the same time.

"Hi" We both with Effy say at the same time.

"Yeah" Freddie walks to us "Um... You're in my garden"

"Yeah"

"So?"

"Um..." I try to find an excuse, but I'm failing epically.

"We..." Effy tries to help me out "Wanted to see what's in your shed?"

"My..." I look at Effy.

"Shed" I repeat "Everyone says you have a marvelous shed"

"Everyone?"

"Yeah" Effy backs me up.

Freddie laughs and we follow him into his shed. Effy looks at me and only with her lips says.

"Weird" I nod.

We walk in and I see a picture of him, JJ and Freddie dressed as Three Musketeers. Cute.

"So this is it" Freddie says and I hear him taking something from the floor.

"So what do you and the boys do in here? Braid each other's hair and play Soggy Biscuit?" Effy asks.

"No" He says "Not for ages" I laugh and he throws some papers away.

"So? Spliff then?" Effy asks and turns to Freddie.

"Cool"

I sit on the armchair while Freddie makes the spliff. I look at Effy who is looking at some porno magazine.

"Why don't you get your porno on the internet like normal people?" I ask and Freddie turns around to look at us.

Effy picks up the big bottle with the yellow liquid inside and swishes it around. She turns around and faces Freddie.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Oh, you know... Sometimes when" He points outside "When we're too stoned to go outside" Effy drops the bottle. Gross "I'm sorry" He looks at me "I wasn't really expecting guests" Effy sits on me, so I get up and sit in the other armchair.

"What do you normally do? Put up doilies?" I ask and Effy kicks me for leaving her sit alone.

"Well they do keep your cups clean" Freddie hands Effy a spliff and sits next to me.

Effy lights up and I try not to feel uncomfortable because Freddie is staring at me. Effy sucks on it and then blows it out.

"Thanks for letting us in" Effy hands me the spliff "I know it's weird"

"No, nope, it's whatever, you know" I give Freddie the spliff, he sucks on it and coughs "It's cool" He says in a semi-raspy voice and we laugh. Freddie keeps coughing "It's cool" He says in a normal voice.

"It's just, seems like a good place to hide" I say when Effy takes the spliff. I look at Freddie and he smiles.

Then all the peace goes up the shit because that total dildo bursts in and starts punching the punching bag. JJ follows him and then I remember that I still have his chemistry notes under my shirt to give to him. Cook talks about some guy who pissed him of and JJ is trying to get his attention to us.

"So I say..." Cook stops talking only when he turns around and notices us. He takes the spliff from Freddie and starts sucking on it.

"Welcome to our fortress of solitude!" JJ breaks the awkward silence. He seems happy.

JJ talks about Karen and the sex bombs and all I can sense is awkward. Effy sits on the armchair and Cook is practically laying down on her while staring at me. Freddie looks quite mad while he looks at Cook then at me.

"Did you see it, Sophie?" JJ asks while I'm trying to fight the urge to run away.

"No, JJ" I say and Freddie looks at me. He sits a bit lower than me, so he has to look up. I flash him a small smile like it's no biggie, this isn't awkward at all.

Cook starts playing with Effy's hair and she has this annoyed look on her face. She obviously doesn't think about Cook the same way he does about her.

"Pass the splif, Freddie brick" That's an interesting nickname.

"There's a trick" Cook gets up and I feel his hand brush through my hair when he goes to JJ.

JJ takes the spliff in his mouth and starts choking. "Water!" He picks up the pee bottle and starts drinking.

"Jay" Effy exclaims and I start feeling my breakfast coming up. But JJ picks up the lighter and blows fire. Effy and I scream and I fall on the ground. Cook is applauding him and Freddie helps me out. If I wouldn't be so shocked or on the floor I'd probably be applauding him myself.