Katie and Emily

I stand under a hot shower and let all my problems be washed away. It's been couple of days after the "Accident". Effy is gone with Cook, don't know where she is and to be honest, don't care, but eventually I will have to go looking after her because aunt Anthea looks quite pathetic and it makes me sad.

When I get out of shower, I see couple of calls and texts from Freddie.

"Ugh" I lie on the bed when my phone starts ringing again "Piss off" I say and want to hang up, but then I hear Thomas voice.

"Is this how you talk to your friends?"

"Thomas, you alright?"

"I wanna talk to someone and you're probably the only one who will understand"

"I'll come"

****
We're walking with Thomas down the street and it's already dark. We don't talk much, just walk next to each other, listening how I'm panting. Gosh, I really should excersice more. Suddenly Thomas starts motioning in other direction.

"What?" I ask.

"Isn't that Emily?" He points at the bus stop.

Emily is standing there, her back facing us only with a skirt and shirt even though it's kinda cold outside.

"Hi, Emily" We walk up to her and Thomas touches her shoulder "Emily, where are your shoes?"

"Um... Hello" She says, she looks like a complete wreck and I can see one more person getting fucked up because of 'Love' "I couldn't find them"

"Well you can wear mine" Thomas takes his shoes off and gives them to Emily.

"No you don't need to"

"No, it's okay. I don't mind bare feet, it's easier to run. Here let me give you a jacket"

"No, you really don't"

"It's fine. I have three cotes, see?" Thomas takes one of his jackets and hands it to Emily.

"Now, all fixed up, yes?" He asks, but Emily just shakes her head and starts crying.

"What do you do if somebody you love lets you down, really fucks you over?" Emily asks.

"You must try to stop loving them" Thomas answers and I can physically feel the hurt he's going through while saying this.

"And is that possible?"

"No" I say "I don't think so"

"I'm gay, Thomas" Emily bursts out "And you, Sophie, already know it, so there's no point in telling you now" Emily laughs through her tears.

"It's fine. You should call a taxi I don't think this bus is going to come soon and besides, my feet is extremely cold" Emily starts crying and suddenly I feel that I'm crying to.

I hug Emily and we cry together and then I feel a strong bear hug from Thomas.

****
"You're friends with him. You think he'll forgive me?" Pandora asks when we are walking to a shop so she can give her dress back.

"Don't know" I shrug my shoulders remembering Thomas. He was hurt yesterday, but he's been hurt since the day Cook accidentally told him about Pandora "You really hurt him, Panda"

"Oh" Pandora says when we turn and face Emily and Katie. Fuck, Effy fucked up Katie good.

"Hey" Emily says.

"Hi, Panda" Katie says "Hi, Sophie"

"How you're feeling?" I ask feeling quite awkward knowing that my cousin fucked her up like that.

"I'm better" Mum, sure you are.

"You feeling better?" Pandora says "That's great"

"Any of you heard from Effy?" Me and Pandora both shake our heads.

"I'm sure she didn't mean to" Pandora starts.

"Oh, I think she meant it. Don't you?" Katie points at her face.

"I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault, Panda" Sounds like something I said to Emily "What are you doing?"

"Well I bought this dress for the love ball in case Thomas forgave me" We both with Emily exchange looks and then turn away "Anyway, I'm taking it back"

"Well we don't have anyone to go with either, but we're still going, right Ems?"

"Um... Yeah, I suppose"

"So keep your dress and we go together just the girls, right?"

"You mean like go girls?"

"Yeah, go girls, right, you got it. You going, Soph?"

"I don't really feel like..."

"You should definitely go" Pandora buts in.

"Fine" I say and Katie smiles.

"Okay. Go girls. Whizzer" Pandora and I start walking away "I'm never going to do surf and turf with boys again"

"Yeah. Girls are way easier"

"What?"

"Just kidding, chill" I laugh and push her into the nearest shop.

****
"Sophie" Someone grabs my shoulder and I turn around. I'm watching how Katie and Emily are fighting. And then I see him, my heart feeling as sore as when I found out he fucked Effy.

"Piss off" I turn to walk away.

"You have to listen to me for once" He grabs my arm so I won't walk away, but I just push it away "I just thought you fucked Cook"

I turn to face him, a small smirk finding it's way into the corner of my lips. I want to hurt him like he hurt me and the only way to do it is to tell him the harsh truth.

"I did" I say and turn away leaving Freddie with shocked and hurt expression on his face.

"Emily left with Naomi" I see Katie standing alone in a corner.

"Well, Katie, let's go to a real party then" I say starting to move my shoulders and smile. She smiles and I take her hand.

"You look like shit just broke" She says once we're out of the school.

"Maybe it did"