Dinner Date With A Single Mommy

I'm getting more and more excited about this date with Kathy. She and I are meeting up tonight at the library. We plan on going to the arcade to play some games. I didn't pick that date place, Kathy did. This is what I like about Kathy, she wants everything someone I dated wouldn't have wanted. She's different girl I never dated. She's fun, and funny too.

I did tell Andrea about the date, but in a more like, "Daddy's going on a friend hang out tonight. Grandma is going to take care of you when I'm gone." I told her in the middle of the day.

It comes to my surprise that she's okay with it. In the past, she refused to let me go on any friend hang out. Something's off.

I put on my best clothes I have, I want to impress Kathy. I slip on some denim jeans along with a red collar t-shirt. I do want to impress her, but I plan on a simple sexy look. Sliding on my sneakers, I hear the doorbell ring. I fastly run down the stairs to see Andrea open the door for Mom.

"Hey, honey. You ready for your date?" Mom asks placing her handbag on the couch.

"Mom!" I hushly argue. I glimpse at Andrea's way and she looks like she didn't listen to her Grandmother.

"What? I'm just asking." Mom returned her attention to Andrea. "You ready to have some fun, princess?" She kneels to Andrea's height.

"Yup! I have a list full of things I wanna do tonight. First we should paint our nails, then we should paint Buckley and Brennan's nails. If Daddy doesn't mind." She looks over at me.

"I don't mind." Andrea smiles and continues to tell Mom her wants tonight.

I quietly sneak out to finish getting ready. After brushing my teeth, rinsing teeth with mouthwash, a dash of cologne, fixing my hair one more time, and taking a few mints I'm ready to leave the house.

Heading to the door, Mom stops me and whispers, "Have fun with Kathy. I hope that she's worth taking her on a date. Oh, and don't forget to tell me about how your date went and I hope to meet this lovely lady soon. I love you, Justin." She kisses my cheek.

I smile. "I love ya, too." And kiss her back.

"Be a good boy, be a gentleman."

"Always will be one, Mom." Then I leave out the door.

***********

"HA, HA, HA!" Kathy laughs, once I again I lose to her at another arcade game.

"Okay, okay. You got me." I get out of the look-a-like car seat and lead Kathy to the food court. "You getting hungry?" I ask her taking out my wallet.

"I'm starving! Help me, J!" She begs.

I grin at the same time shake my head. This woman can be so sarcastic. "That's alright. Let's get some food."

"Good. You're paying." She says.

"I was planning on paying either way." I laugh.

"Were you?" She questions. "I want pizza. Make it two. I want one with cheese and the other with pepperoni." She says before leaving to find a table.

"Fine, bossy face." I laugh it out.

I order the pizzas along with some soft drinks. Kathy and I take our seats at an empty table Kathy picked out. Kathy takes a sip from her Strawberry Fanta drink. "Are you having fun?" She asks while taking a bite of her pepperoni pizza.

"I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Ever since my ex-girlfriend left me with Andrea. You?" I eat pieces of her pepperoni pizza.

"I'm having fun. Loads of fun. To tell you the truth, I haven't had that much fun ever since I had Tommy. I was sixteen when I had Tommy. You can say I wasn't the most obedient girl." She paused.