Andy Meet Tommy

Wednesday comes by quickly and that means it's time for Andrea to finally meet Kathy and her son, Tommy. I had told Andrea about meeting Kathy and her son, she's happy to meet them. Even by this morning she gets up early and gets ready. She wakes me up, since I thought a thief entered our home.

I hear someone moving stuff around in Andy's room and that gets me a bit worried. I enter the room and find Andy stuffing things into her mint green backpack. I scratch my head. "Andy, why are you up so early?" I ask her.

"I have to get ready, Daddy." Andy continues to stuff her backpack.

"Princess, we don't need to get ready so early. We're meeting Kathy and Tommy in the afternoon." I walk from behind her and sit on the floor. As Andy is about to put her iPod inside the front pocket of her backpack, I grab her to a stop. "Go back to sleep, Andy. It's too early, let's finish this later."

She snatches back. "No. I want to get ready now! I want to meet Kathy right now!"

"You never said that when you met Cameron. Why Kathy?" I sit back with my arms leaning back.

"Kathy is better than Cameron. I never liked Cameron! I like Kathy!" She yells, forcefully pushing Wish Bear inside the backpack.

"Shh, calm down. God, I was just asking a simple question." I sit up and pull her hands away from the backpack. "Hey, why don't we make some breakfast? Maybe that'll help keep your mind off of this for a while." I say, giving her a sweet smile.

Andy slowly curls her lips and nods. "What does Miss. Andy want for breakfast today?" I get up from the floor.

"Miss. Andy would like some scrambled eggs, please." She says, wrapping her arms around my leg.

I hoist Andy to right hip. "Then let's go make some scrambled eggs for Miss. Andy, then." I kiss her cheek.

"Daddy!" She giggles and I take us to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

*****************

I close the driver's door and buckle my seatbelt. "You got your seatbelt on, Andy?" I ask, turning around to make sure.

"Yes, sir." She sits innocently.

I turn back and face the front. I start the car and check if there's any issues with the car. Pretty soon, we are in the road going to Kathy's house. We're picking Kathy and Tommy, but Kathy is driving since I don't know where the beach she was talking about last night is located.

I didn't tell Kathy that I'm taking her to Kathy's house because I know how Andy would get so excited she wouldn't control her excitement. So, I'm keeping it a secret.

Driving to Kathy doesn't seem a long drive to get to, but it's traffic that makes it seem like a long drive. "Daddy, can we turn on the radio? I'm bored." Andy complains.

"Sure." I say, turning on the radio. I search through the radio stations, and stick with some Beatles music.

"Daddy, can we play some modern music?" Andy asks.

"But this is modern music." I insist.

"No, this is old music. I want to listen to new music." Andy argues.

"Fine, fine." I change the radio station to a newer radio station.

Moving from stations, I get to a station where Andy stops and I automatically know the song. It's Britney's song, Oops!. . . I Did It Again.

"Daddy, I like this song. I wanna listen to it." She says, singing along.

I'm not sure if I should tell Andy that the girl singing in the song is her mother. The mom that left her when she was just a baby. When Andy sings through the song she is so into the so and music that I feel like she acts like her mom. She does look partly like her mom. Her blond wavy hair, like Britney. Same nose, like Britney. Same smile. The difference is she has my eyes and attitude. The song ends and starts to play some Destiny's Child music.