Chapter Six

Nina's Pov 

"Regina, get down here RIGHT NOW!" My mother screamed at me from the bottom of the stairs. 

"COMING!" I yelled back. 

Apparently we have a dinner party tonight that I have to attend... haha funny. No, it means my parents have a client that they want but he needs to know the family before hiring them. Personally, I think it is stupid, but no one cares what I think. 

I finished my makeup, checked my hair, straightened my dress and rushed downstairs before I get yelled at again. 

"Thank goodness!" My mother sighed in relief. "We were starting to worry you weren't coming, Nina, thankyou!" 

Ding dong. 

"Mom, stop fussing over me and tend to the guests. I will make sure we have the refreshments ready, okay?" 

"That's fine, doll." She muttered before rushing to get the door. 

I walked to the kitchen to check on the drinks, just like I promised my mom, found that we were good on drinks and walked out to see none other than my asswad ex boyfriend. 

'Great, just great,' I thought to myself. 'I was having a good day for once, and then life decides to kick me in the ass! Just my giving luck, huh?' 

My mom and dad are frowning at me, and I realise that they probably asked me to introduce myself to said ex boyfriends family. 

"Regina Towne. Nice to meet you." I say politely, "Erik," I dip my head to him. "You must be the Browns'." 

To my parents, "I will be right back." 

Dad looks at me, "Sure, honey, just be back soon." I am so fucking thankful that I am a daddy's girl right now, or I know he would be having my ass. 

Quickly, and as gracefully as I can be, I got out of there and rushed to my room where I could call Taylor. 

Ring. Ring. No answer. 

I call my other closest friend, Addison. Ring. Ring. 

"Yeah?" She answers lazily, and I realise that I probably woke her up. 

"Hey, sorry if I woke you up, but I have a MAJOR problem!" 

"Shit, girl, whats going on?" I can hear the worry in her voice. 

"Erik is in my house!" 

"No. Fucking. Way." She whisper-shouted. 

"Yeah. There's the problem, now what the fuck do I do about it? My mom is already pissed at me, so I can't ignore him, or leave. I just don't want to talk to him now, I mean I already have a boyfriend, so this is so fucking awkward. I-" 

"Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?" She interrupted. 

"Chase Reed. He asked me out, I said yes. Last night. Movies then dinner. I didn't have a boyfriend, and he is cute. In the car, and he kissed me." I quickly move the phone away from my ear because I knew she was going to squeal. 

"OhMyGod!" She squealed. 

Called it. I moved it back. "Ok, now that you got that out of your system, back to the fucking issue! What do I fucking do?" 

"Regina Fucking Towne, calm the fuck down!!! Just act normal?" She asked more than told me. 

"Okay, call you after?" I sighed. 

"Yeah. Talk later, girl." 

"Go back to sleep, you need it. Love ya Addison." 

"Love ya too, girl. Call Tay later, she is worried about you." 

"Okay dokey." I hung up 

"Well, shit, wont this be fun?" I said sarcastically to myself as I head back downstairs.