Chapter 6. What's happening?

Sydney's POV

I smiled as I hit post. I knew it was wrong, but I had to do this in order to get Caleb back.

About a half hour later Katie texted me:

K: Why did you post that on my account?
S: post what?
K: u know what I'm talking about Sydney. I know ur trying to win Caleb back, but you know what? You're a jealous and selfish brat. And he's with me now and he loves me and that's all that matters. He's over you Sydney. Good day xx

I was shocked at how rude Katie was, so I didn't even respond. It would make me look desperate if I responded. So I just went back to Instagram.

Loads of people who liked Caleb and Katie together were commenting on my posts or replying to my comments about how rude I was. So? It's the truth; she kissed Caleb! But people who shipped Caleb and I were defending me, and the fandom was going crazy about it. I heard friendships were being broken apart because of this; Kaleb shippers were happy and Saleb shippers weren't. It was a mess!

I decided I needed a break from Instagram, so I turned off my phone and went onto my laptop to watch Netflix.

I was searching through movies and TV shows when Luke walked in. He stood in front of me and said, "What the heck Sydney?!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I decided to watch The Fosters.

"You know what I'm talking about. That comment on Katie's page?! What were you thinking?!" Luke exclaimed.

I shrugged. "I just want Caleb back." I whispered.

Luke sat on the edge of the bed. "What's been going on? I know I haven't been at school lately because of my stomach flu."

I scooted closer to him and told him everything. I told him how I caught Caleb and Katie kissing, then the baseball tryouts, etc.

Luke nodded. "I get it, Syd, but that doesn't mean you need to start rumors on Katie's page—"

"They're not rumors!" I shouted.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'm going back to school tomorrow, so maybe I can talk to Caleb for you."

I nodded and hugged him. "Thanks Luke. You're the best brother ever."

"I know." He said before he left.

I really hope Caleb will take me back. If he doesn't, I'll make him.

•••

Luke's POV

The next day I walked down the hall to see Caleb at his locker with Katie standing next to him. I have to admit, they look really cute together, but I'm a bit jealous. I've always had a crush on Katie, but I'm not the best at admitting my feelings, so I've never told her.

"What's up, man?" I greeted Caleb with a bro hug.

"Nothing much. You missed the first day of tryouts." Caleb said.

I nodded. "Yeah, but the coach is gonna let me start on day two and then I can do an extra day with him to make up for yesterday."