Chapter 12. The Conclusion To The Love Triangle

Katie's POV

I had almost fallen asleep in my bed when Mom opened the door. "Katie?" She whispered.

I groaned, turned on my lamp and rolled over. "Mm?"

"There's someone at the door who wants to see you." Mom said.

"Who?" I asked as I got up out of bed and rubbed my eyes.

"You'll see." She said before she left.

'She's being weird,' I thought, but I shrugged it off and slipped on a bathrobe before walking up to the door.

When I opened it, Sydney was standing there. I saw a wrap around her leg where I kicked her, and her eyes was swollen like mine.

"What do you want?" I snapped. It seriously took a lot of strength for me not to shut the door in her face.

She sighed. "I'm so sorry." She looked me directly in the eye, and I saw tears streaming down her cheeks.

Something told me that she was faking, but another part told me that she wasn't.

Which one should I believe?

I decided not to say anything to see what she would do next. Sydney sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry about being a huge jerk, and for trying to steal Caleb away from you. It's just...the fact that he fell for you instantly while he was still with me just...I don't know, it made me feel like I wasn't good enough. It made me think why did he all of a sudden want to drop me for you? And I know why; you're beautiful, kind, and not the jealous type. You don't get mad and argue with Caleb every time he talks to a girl. You're okay with what he does. Me? I criticized him about everything, and that's not what a girlfriend should do. A girlfriend should be supportive and kind to her boyfriend, like you. That wasn't me. And I'm sorry that I got so jealous of you, and for what I did earlier...that was totally uncalled for and just wrong. I know that now. My whole family and friends hate me right now for it." Before I knew it Sydney was bawling.

"I'm so sorry! I understand if you could never forgive me." She said.

Then I did something I didn't expect. I hugged her.

I pulled away. "I accept your apology. And I get it, Sydney; you and Caleb had been dating for so long, then he decided to date me? That is kinda uncool, now that I think about it, and I feel bad for what he did. If I was in your place, I'd be furious too. It's okay to be mad, but basically plotting revenge and your ex and his new girlfriend is kinda uncalled for. But it's okay, it's all in the past now."

"Do you think we could be friends again?" She asked.

"Absolutely. As long as you don't do something like this again." I said.

She smiled and hugged me one more time. "Thank you, Katie. You're very lucky. I hope you and Caleb have a great relationship together."

"Thanks. See you tomorrow." I said.

She waved and then walked off.

I shut the door and turned around to see Brennan leaning against the couch with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Seemed to go well." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "How long have you been there?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, a couple minutes?"

"Whatever. I'm going to bed now. Good night." I said as I walked into my room.