Painful Memories

Need you, I really didn't know back then

Need you, I thought we'd last forever

I didn't know how precious you were and only complained every day

Now I finally know that the pain is greater than that love

Our story has ended like that, becoming a sad memory, my love

~ Fairytale Love by Apink ~

🕰 7 years later...

Taeyeon's POV:

My life has been the way I wanted it to be. I became a famous business photographer of Seoul, Korea.
It's all of my hard work, and effort I have put to reach this far.
Of course I owe him for waking me up from dreamland and face reality.
Baekhyun is a reason why I became so confident, and made my dream come true. He taught me that love can only be a distraction, and can ruin your life before you even know it. Because of him I became stronger, and now I'm really successful.

I haven't gotten over him yet.
Everytime I close my eyes, I would still see his smile and his smirk.
I remember his motorcycle and black leather jacket. I used to smell his jacket without him knowing, and the scent is so masculine and a tint of cinnamon.
I tried so hard to forget about him, but he always ends up appearing in my mind.

Sometimes I get distracted from my work because I would remember his jokes and I always smile to myself.
People would stare at me like I'm a lunatic.

Sometimes I wonder if he's still thinking about me.
Or if he still likes me.
Probably not.
He has Suzy and her-I mean their child.

I never got to say goodbye properly. But I guess by now, he forgot about me.
Heechul, my best friend is now married and moved on in his life.
Maybe in a couple of years, I will end up marrying a man who loves me the way Baekhyun used to love me back in my college days.
But, I don't think so.
I can never love another guy the way I loved Baekhyun.
That's why I stopped dating other people.
It's just never the same.
Many people would court me, and even ask me for a marriage proposal and I always reject them.

I think this is a sign.
I'm meant to be alone.
If I'm single, I can do so many things without distractions or worries.
Having a relationship will only bring you down, and I don't want to experience that again.
And if anyone ever asks me if I would choose love over career;
I will choose career because love can only cause pain and hurtful memories.
Even though in my heart, I long for his touch, and his love for me again.

I miss him so much.
But I will forget about him sooner or later.
It's been 7 years, and yet I still remember everything about him so clearly.

"Ms. Kim we have scheduled another photo shoot with a boy group tomorrow."
My business partner have told me.
"Is it a new one?"
She nodded and I skimmed through the folder of the new group.
Something caught my eye.
The name list has Baekhyun's name on it. It can't be him.
No, it just can't.
I think my business partner snapped her fingers to grab my attention.
"Uh-yeah. Ok tell them that the shoot will be at 9 am sharp."
She took the folder and bowed.
I sat comfortably on my spinning chair and opened a drawer to find an old photo I printed out.
Then I found it.
The photograph of Baekhyun and I at our first date.

I smiled to myself and I saw a teardrop on the photo which belonged to mine.
More tears came out, and I can barely breathe.
We looked so happy in that picture. Our eyes are never closing, and hearts are never broken, and time is forever frozen still in one picture.

Memories came like a flood.
The first motorcycle ride with him, and the leather jacket he gave me.
Which I still have. In fact I'm wearing it right now.
And I never leave my apartment without it.
I always wear it, and I don't know why.

Why can't I just let him go?
And then I remembered Suzy's words.
"I'm pregnant. And it's with you."
Now I know the reason why I stopped loving him for a moment.

He lied to me. He betrayed me.
I began to rip the photo slowly. Then I threw it in the garbage can.
I wiped away my tears and took a deep breath.
"Now it's time to set myself free."

Baekhyun's POV:

Baekhyun's POV:

Everything changed when she left me.
I became a man. And not someone who's addicted to women and drugs, but more of a gentleman. I learned that after the misunderstood pregnancy incident, my mind has been thinking a lot about my future.
I remembered that Taeyeon's dream is to become a famous business photographer, and she finally did.
Secretly, I will read the newspaper and find articles about her.
I wonder if I will ever see her again.
I miss her, badly.
And I wonder if she ever changed. Physically and personality wise.

Somehow, she looks the prettiest when it rains.
Like the first time I met her, I was so captivated by her beauty.
Oh, man I shouldn't be thinking about her. I can't help myself, but to let Taeyeon take over my mind.
Sometimes I start seeing her, like outside walking on the sidewalk. But it's always the wrong person.

But, after she left me I finally figured out what I love the most; Singing.
So I followed my heart and I ended up passing my audition to this big music company in Seoul, Korea.
My manager just told me that we have a photo shoot tomorrow for our new album.
And I love our new album.
It's so cool and edgy.
Of course, my group members are really annoying.

I wish I had gone solo.
But, sometimes I enjoy their company.
My annoying best friend, Chanyeol followed my footsteps.
Like literally followed me everywhere.
It's so annoying.
And when I found out that he passed his audition, I was utterly at shock.
I never knew that he can rap.

It's pretty hard to live with 11 other people, so I tried to get used to it.
And it never works.
Some days are very unexpected, who knows maybe tomorrow will be the same.