Butterfly fly away

Will you stay by my side

Will you promise me

If I let go of your hand, you'll fly away and break

I'm scared scared scared of that

Will you stop time

If this moment passes

As though it hadn't happened

I'm scared scared scared I'll lose you

Butterfly like a Butterfly

~ Butterfly by BTS ~

Taeyeon's POV:

On that night when Jongsuk proposed, I felt extremely against it. It's not like I don't like him, I'm just not ready to marry anyone yet.
I'm only 27 and the only thing I need to worry about is my career.
Somehow at the same time Tiffany was driving back home, but then she saw me in the middle of the street and stopped.
Luck was on my side when Tiffany saved me from that situation.

"WHAT THE HECK TAEYEON! I almost crashed into you!"
Tiffany yelled out and looked at my horrible self; all soaked from the rain and tears streaming down my face.
"Sorry...tell me what happened."
I explained to her about everything from the beginning.
Even the part when Baekhyun and I danced.
"So what's your plan?"
She asked me and I looked at my phone and bought plane tickets to New Zealand.
Ever since I became a photographer, I've always wanted to take pictures of the landscape of New Zealand.
"Let's go to New Zealand. And please don't tell anyone."

That's how I ended up being here. And for 3 days, I finally have peace. No boys, no drama, no romance.
It's just me and Tiffany taking pictures wherever we go.
"You know, I can actually get used to this."
I told her with a smile on my face. We're walking around the town and went shopping to different stores as well.
"Hey, we should go to that cafe."
Tiffany pointed at a Portland Building just across the street.
"Ok. Sure."

We ordered our coffee and sat down by the windows. I observed the place and it's not so crowded, and the owner is strict to his employees.
"When should we go back to Korea?"
Tiffany blurted out out of nowhere.
I'm not sure if she even likes New Zealand or not.
"Don't worry, I like it here. It's just...I miss my family and my boyfriend."
I think she read my mind.
And of course I forgot she has a boyfriend.
"You can go back. I want to stay here a little longer. I'm not forcing you, it's your choice."
I really hope that she will stay with me, because I need company.
But I don't mind taking pictures alone.
"Really? You would let me?"
Her face lit up and now I'm sure what her decision is.
"Yeah, I have your plane ticket ready so you can go whenever you want to. I don't mind."
I don't want her to leave, but she's really desperate to go back.
I think she's worried that her boyfriend might be seeing someone else. Because it always happen to her, and I feel bad about it.
"Thank you so much!! I love you Taeyeon!" She stood up immediately and gave me a hug.
I handed her the plane ticket to Korea, hesitantly.
Before she left, Tiffany gave me another big hug.
"I'm sorry for leaving you like this. I promise I'll stay with you longer next time. Ok?"
I gave her a nod, letting her know that it's ok.
She left just like that, and I'm still drinking my coffee.

While I was busy looking back at the photos that I took, the owner of the cafe tapped my shoulder.
"Would you like to work here?"
He asked me in English, although I partly understand what he said I didn't give him a respond.
"$15 an hour."
I stood up and shook my head. I already have a job, and I would hate to have a strict boss like him.

It was already 4:00 in the afternoon, and I was on my way back to the hotel.
Tiffany sent me a message saying that she's already at the airport.

Suddenly a butterfly landed on my finger, and I carefully observed it.
It has white wings with a simple design, and I badly want to take a photo of it.
It's so beautiful and fragile.
While I'm still looking at it, with my other hand I grabbed my camera around my neck.

Then it flew away, without any warning.
"No! Come back!"
I followed it with quick steps, and then I started to run because I'm that desperate to take a picture of it. I don't care if I bumped into other people, I was only paying attention to the butterfly. It keeps on flying farther away from me, and I have no idea where it's heading.

Then the butterfly landed on top of a flower at the flower shop.
The door of the flower shop opened and the person who walked out looked very familiar.
He finally turned around and I was shocked to see who it was.
And it's Baekhyun....
He's holding a single red rose and when he laid eyes on me, he smirked.
The smirk that always makes my heart beat even faster.

The butterfly landed on top of the red rose and I instantly got an idea.
"Baekhyun, don't move!"
I quickly grabbed my camera and focused it on the butterfly and took many photos of it.
I smiled brightly and felt proud of myself for finally succeeding.
Baekhyun moved and the butterfly flew away.
Accidentally, I took a picture of him holding the rose in front of me.

"Hi."
"Hey."
Awkward silence.
He gave me the rose and I smelled it.
It's beautiful, and I'm not even a big fan of flowers.
I suddenly remembered the time when we had our first date.
All of the flowers at that place were so beautiful.
I want to go back there again.

"How did you find me?"
I'm really curious to know.
He chuckled and replied back,
"I will always find you, wherever you are. I will always find you..."
Baekhyun grabbed my hand and in a swift move, he pulled me into a hug.
I can hear his heartbeat, beating the same as mine. Rapidly and in sync.

"Please don't ever leave me like that next time. Or I'll die just wondering what happened to you."
Why can't I stop this feeling of love?
I tried to set myself free and focus on my career, but stupid love has to be in the way.
"I said no to Jongsuk and I feel so horrible."
I somewhat feel guilty at the same time. Many people shipped us as a couple, and when he finally proposed, I rejected him as if I didn't even like him in the first place.

"The heart wants what it wants. It's telling you to make the right choice, and you did."
Oh Baekhyun, why do you have to care so much about me?
And why do I love you so much that it hurts?
"Is your heart telling you something right now?"
I asked him and he said no.
"Well my heart is telling me to kiss you."

And with that, I grab hold of his neck and captured his lips.
He was surprised at first, then he lifted me up in the air and spun in a circle.
I put my feet on the ground and let go of him slowly.
"Baekhyun....I-"
He lifted my chin up to see his meaningful eyes.
"Which one would you choose? Love or career?"
I stayed silent for a moment, and his eyes are starting to worry.

"L-Love."
I wasn't sure why I said that.
Then all of a sudden the butterfly came back and landed on Baekhyun's shoulder.

/

I'm so sorry for the late update. I'll try my best next time!