Chapter Three (3)

~~~~~~ Cindi ~~~~~~~~~

It was Sunday already. And that means, time for church. Yes I go to church. I sing in the choir. My phone beeped signaling it was a text.

From: Sammy<3

You coming?

To: Sammy<3

Yes give me a sec

From: Sammy<3

Hurry! We're at the corner.

And with that I went downstairs, where I heard voices.

"How do we not tell Louis that his own daughter got shot?" Harry said to .

"I don't know lad." Niall

I didn't say anything to then just jogged to the door. Almost to free-

"Where do you think you're going?" Niall said. Missed it by that much. So I turned and saw both of them looking at me seriously.

"Church." I said. No point in lying now.

"Right. 'Church'." Harry said adding air quotes to it.

"It's true. I haven't lied to y'all yet." I said 

"Really?" Niall asked

"Yes" I said with the 'Duh' voice.

"We're coming with you." Harry said grabbing Nialls arm and walking to the door.

"What?" They can't be serious.

"You heard us." Niall said this time.

"Fine. But you two are not going like that." I told them looking at what they were wearing. They went to their rooms. I left a note with the address and ran.

"What took you so long?" Sammy said as I ran to the van where her mom, dad and sister were waiting.

"Hi Mrs. H sorry for keeping you guys." I said to her mom as we started to drive to the church.

"That's fine sweetie. So may I ask why we are here and not at the home?" Someone woke up in a good mood. She asked as I was starting to change into the dress Sammy brought me.

"That's fine. Ouch." I said and hit my head on the roof. "Hey that's not funny." I said to Cayce who was giggling at me. "And I got adopted yesterday." I said as I went to sit in the seat next to Sammy so she could tie the strings in the back.

"Oh that's great! Who did you get adopted by?" She asked as we turned to the street that the church was on.

"One Direction." I told them and she looked shocked.

"Really?" She said as we were driving to the front so that she can drop us off.

"Yes ma'am." I told her as we stopped.

"Here we are. Have a good practice girls." She yelled at us as Sammy was closing the door.

"Am I good?" I asked her to see if anything needed to be fixed.

"Yes. Oh wait." She said then took out her mirror and my chapstick. She knew that I hated when people touched my hair. "Good, let's go were almost late." She said as she put the mirror back into her little bag, then grabbed my hand and we ran to the choir room.

*********************************************************************

"Hello everybody." The father said to everyone. I was looking for the guys.

"Hello." They said.

I felt someone nudge my arm. I looked at Sammy who was giving me the 'over there' look. I followed where she was looking and sure enough there they were. Niall and Harry.

"We would like to welcome new member to our choir. Jesse." He said and the crowd cheered.

"And to show his amazing voice we are going to have him sing, with one of our own. The lovely Samantha Hernandez." Again they clapped. So her and Jesse went to stand by the piano.

He was really good. And so was Sammy. He definitely had a crush on her.

We finished singing and the church clapped for them both.

We went on with the church and when it was finished I went to put the gown up with Sammy.

"I think he has a crush." I told her as we were walking out to the front and as we were walking to meet her parents a car pulled up to us and rolled down the window and it was Harry.

"Come on. We're going home." He said and I just ignored him and kept walking. "Cindi."

"If you're going to talk to me like that then I would rather walk home." I said and kept walking with Sammy.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Can you please get in the car, so that we can go back home." He said with a softer voice and it was kinder.

"Fine but meet me at the corner of the street, I need to grab my clothes from the van." I told him then kept walking with Sammy.

"Okay." He said  then rolled up the window and drove away.

We got to the van.

"Who was that Cindi?" Sammy's dad asked as she got in and handed me my pack.

"It was Harry. He's my uncle I think." I told him.

"Oh,  where did he go?" Her mom asked as she was putting on her seatbelt.

"Oh, they're waiting for me at the end of the street." told them putting my pack on.

"We can drop you off if you'd like." Her dad said to be before I closed the door.

"Oh, no it's fine. I can walk." I told them.

"Really I insist." Mrs. H said as she turned to me from the drivers seat. Definitely woke up in a good mood. That or Sammy slipped something in her coffee.

"Okay, sure." I said then took my pack off and got in.

"So do you still want us to pick you up next week?" Sammy asked as we were pulling out of the car park.

"Yes please. At the same corner if you wouldn't mind." I told them as we stopped behind the parked car.

"We don't mind. Bye sweetie." She said before I closed the door. They pulled off and I waved at them. Sammy, of course made a face at me.

I took a deep breath and started walking to the car.

"I told you I had church." was the very first thing that I said as I sat down next to Niall.

"And I'm sorry for not believing you." Harry told me as I was putting on my seatbelt. We drove home and of course there were paparazzi outside the gate.

We pulled up to the house and I got out as the car stopped.

"Cindi wait!" Niall said, I didn't stop just slowed my pace. I then heard feet behind me then a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes?" I asked as we got to the front door.

"You need the key." He said as he unlocked the door.