Restrictions

I am still curious if Kris is delusional. Seriously, I can't get over it. Lately, he's been acting very bizzare. I beat up Rodney (again) and found a rose in his coat. I brought it back to the cell because I thought it would be a nice way to spice up the cell. When I came back from lunch, I walked in on him talking to it very erratically.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a great idea. Yeah, I could do that, and . . . and maybe get out of this . . . this place! Heh, heh, yeah, yeah, I could!" he said very fast to the rose.

"Kris, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Talking to this rose! Now, Josh, this is an A-B conversation!" he snapped.

"Okay, chill." I tilt my head and gave him a weird look. "Are you okay being in here?"

Kris has been restricted from doing a lot of things. He can only leave the cell for visitors, breakfast and dinner. Life is very boring and slow for him now.

"Yes! The rose gave me an excellent idea!" Kris enthusiastically said.

"What is it?" I ask, a little stressed out by his strange "conversation" with the rose.

"I should create a stink bomb to disgust the guards!" Kris laughed aloud.

"But you can't leave the room to collect anything," I said. A guard entered the room.

"Josh Ackerman, you have a visitor," he said. He looked at Kris, who was talking to the rose again. He blinked, and shook his head in disappointment.

I followed him out of the cell. I shot a quick glance at his tag and learned that his name was Officer Hamilton. I'll just call him Mr. Ham for short.

He brought me to a chair, where in front of it was a clear wall and a phone. I saw these things on TV, but I never realized that they were a thing. I picked up the phone and held it to my ear. I saw Missy sitting on the other end.

What was she doing here?! She's caused me enough trouble, and I don't want her here! Her hair was dyed an even worse color scheme! Light brown, and I mean light, light brown, with an ombre dark red. What?! Teach this girl what fashion is all about.

"Missy, haven't you tortured me enough? You put me in prison when all of this was your fault!" I scold.

"It's going to be okay, Joshie. Besides, I hear that you are in the same cell as The Purple Bandit!" she responds with a breathy accent. Typically, a stuck up girl.

"He's not that bad," I defend, thinking about him talking to a rose.

"I am sure that a murderer is psychotic," she said.

"Why are you even here?" I ask.

She looks around, and slides an envelope through the small hole in the window.

"Open it in your cell. I know that gifts aren't allowed without inspection first, but I just had to give it to you. You might would want to go back to your cell, now." She hung up the phone and left. I stuffed the envelope in my pocket and ran to my cell.

~~~

"What's in it?" Kris asked in excitement when I told him about the visitor.

"I don't know. It feels lumpy," I said.

"Open it!" he shreiked, and shook my shoulders so hard that I fell back onto the cell door that opened up and I landed in the hallway. Kris dragged me back in and closed the door. I quickly stood up and told him to relax.

I opened up the envelope and saw a lighter, deck of cards, and money.

"Fifty dollars?" I said as I held up the dollar.