Secrets Revealed

"Get in there!" yelled a guard.

Kris walked in. The cell door slammed shut, making me cringe.

"Where were you?" I ask.

"I didn't do it!" Kris defended himself and held up his hands.

"You know about it?"

"They told me to stop killing people, and that I was going to be on lockdown," he explained. "But I didn't kill anyone!"

"On the news, they found purple hairs near murder scenes," I lecture. "You-"

"Yes, yes, I know, I know. I am infamous for my purple hair! But it wasn't me! There has to be someone else," Kris admitted.

"Where were you all day?" I demand.

"I was. . ." Kris paused, "doing outside work."

"Outside work?"

"I was working outside. I do that once a week so the guards wouldn't give me a harsh time here. The guard that was supervising me went inside to break up a fight in the cafeteria. I suppose you know what that was about." Kris groomed a part of his hair for help thinking.

"I didn't go to lunch." I looked away.

"Oh, well while he was gone, I got ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!" Kris exclaimed with his hands spread out.

I squeezed my eyelids together and shook my head. "Okay, you played way too much Sims before you got here."

"No, I really did get abducted by aliens! I got some alien food out of their fridge." Kris pulls out a can from his pocket, and hands it to me.

"Kris, these are Lima beans," I said, and placed them on the nightstand.

"I really did get abducted, and when I got back, I saw a vision!" Kris exclaimed.

I rub my temples in frustration. "What did you see?"

"I saw blood, corpses, mosquitoes, and him," Kris said.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Ray," he said, and shivered.

"Ray?"

"Ray!" Kris clenched his fists. "He is my arch nemesis. He's more evil than me, believe it or not."

"Who could be more evil than you?"

"Ray! He is much more slick than I am, and he is wanted by the law enforcement, but no one knows who he is! And half of the murders that I am framed for aren't even mine. They are his," Kris explained.

"They're his? But how?" I question.

"He has told me that he will put me in prison, and even frame me for his murders by making sure that all evidence leads to me committing homicide. He's rogue, untamed, and psychotic," Kris scowled.

"Ray? I'm sure that Ray didn't get you in here. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Good night, Kris," I say, as I climb back up the ladder.

I knew Kris was upset that I didn't believe anything he said. I was sure that Ray didn't exist, and if he did, he probably didn't frame him at all. I'm also sure that Kris didn't get abducted by aliens, and that he was only delusional.

It was difficult for me to go to sleep that night, because I couldn't stop thinking about escaping the prison. I didn't feel very motivated, and if I did pull it off, I certainly didn't want to be stuck with Kris who is dangerous, yet being a bit immature for his age.