Five Feet Under

One foot under water, she legibly feels the water form around her body. Two feet under, she takes an extended breath inhaling the ocean water into her lungs. Three feet under, her pulse slowly starts to escalade, making her stomach stop pumping. Four feet under water, she opens her eyes slowly, then closes them. Five feet under, the last memorable event in her lifetime, she hit rock bottom.

As the surface of her back hits the reef of the ocean, the small particles of rock and algae are pressed down by a 152 pound teenage known as Heather Simone. She was just and average 16 year old girl who attended Mount Morrison High school. Everybody knew her, some say she was just an accident waiting to happen, some say she was a bitch or a whore. The list goes on and on. The brutal names her classmates would call her. As she walked down the halls, frightened, frightened when people would brush against her, thinking that maybe they were going to beat her.

People would always take the time to call her horrible names that would stick, forever, but no one really took the time to realize who she really is or what she has been through. Nobody ever took the time to realize why she is a little over weight, or why she walked out of the classroom in rush to get to her next class or why she would sit in the back of the classroom in fear. Maybe because she was raped, beat, torn down into nothing, she was given away to another family. All for what?