"The Talk"

It's I stood in the doorway of my room Ramona gives me a slight smirk and pats the bed spread, hinting me to sit down.

She says, "You love him don't you?"

I look up at her, smile and say, "I don't know about love..."

I lied. I do love him.

She says, "Do you know how I can tell, When I girl is in love you can see it in her smile and when a guy is in love you can see it in his eyes."

All of a sudden my head shoots up with excitement, I raise my eyebrow and say, "Really?"

She says, "You're getting older, and when girls begin to mature and grow up they may develop feelings for others. I just want to make sure that you are aware that things can happen. If you don't use protection or keep safe, and if you end up 16 and pregnant I will be very disappointed in you.

I look up at her and smile, I say, "Thank you mom."

Ramona's eyes began to tear up with joy. She called her mom. Just the fact that she acknowledged her and thought of her that way made her feel loved.

As she chokes and struggles to get her words out, all she could say was, "I love you baby doll, and just know that I will always be here if you need me, I'm you're momma now."

While I was sitting on the bed she sits very close to me and hugs me with all her might as she stroked her fingers through my long Brown hair.

For once in my life I felt normal. My mom would always say normal people are over rated, but now I know how it feels, I know what it feels like to be love and quite frankly it's spectacular. We sat there and just cried, we cried tears of joy.