Times Have Changed

As Auburn and I sat there with a blanket wrapped around us, Phil shows up. Ugh, I know that Ramona is his wife in all but he ruined his chance with me. Telling me that he is my new dad within the few minutes of meeting him, ruined everything. When he pulled up to the scene, something struck me odd. He didn't come straight to his daughter and she didn't come straight to him.

Auburn whispers in my ear, "Stay away from my dad Phil, he is no good, I will tell you why later."

I look at her deep blue eyes in confusion and nod. I wonder what has happened. At least I knew I wasn't the only one who didn't like him.

We frantically got into the car As Phil drove to the hospital.

Auburn gently grabbed my hand and asked me this, "if my mom dies, just know that I will be here for you all day every day, you can even come live with me, because I don't want you living with Phil alone."

As we pull up into the hospital Phil, Auburn, and I rush into her room eager to know if she is okay. Walking into her room brought up memories of my dad. When he was in the hospital he had several tubes attached to his side and he had an oxygen mask surrounding his face. The sad thing is he died that day, that very moment I spotted him in the hospital. It was like loosing my other half. My father was the only person I could trust with my life. And going through this incident again might just ruin my life. In the beginning, I had very little hope, but now as I watched her breath. Although, she wasn't smiling It looked like she was in a happy place.Just to think that I was getting close to Ramona and something bad happens.