Loved But never Forgotten

My alarm clock sitting on the top of my night stand went off at 8:00am on June 15, 2001, blaring with the ear-splitting sound of birds chirping. As I lay down, I slowly drag my arm across my night stand searching for he snooze button. As I press the button, the sound stops, and the air is silent. I roll over on my side, steadily waiting for my feet to touch the surface of the soft carpet as I stretch my arms and legs. I stand up, catching a glance at my messy hair and smeared makeup. I open the door and exit my room. I walk over to the starting point of the stairs and waddle down each and every one, looking like a dead zombie. I stumble upon my mom standing in the kitchen , standing there chatting with a lady in a navy blue suit. For a second I was puzzled. I slowly peeked my head around the corner cupping my ear, trying to listen on their conversation. I couldn't make out what they're saying so, I walk in like nothing happened. I step into the kitchen and my mom doesn't say a word, but the lady in the blue says,

"Hello sweetie, you must me Heather."

I replied, "Um...yeah, who are you?"

I glance at my mom as she stirs her coffee, she gives me a dirty look like she wants to strangle me, but I just look away. The lady introduces herself as Ramona Carloni.

She says to me, "Why don't you go pack up a few boxes, you're going to come and live with me now."

I thought to myself, how could my mom do this to me, why so sudden, she is abandoning me, but the person I am, I rush upstairs with a straight face. When I get to my room I slam the door, and fall, I land face down on my bed. My heart, it's broken. A small amount of tears build up in my eyes. They struggle to release, when one little tear trickles down my face, turning into what felt like one thousand tears. My heart raced with disappointment, my mom didn't want me anymore. I think my mom heard me crying when she tip-toed upstairs and opened my door, rushing to my bed and kneeling down on one knee.

She said to me, "Baby, you know I love you, I just don't think I was ready to take the responsibility of a child, I know I should have made this choice earlier. Now that you're a teenager, I think it's time for you to let me go and move on."

Those words, hurt, I've never felt so much hatred from someone, especially from my mom. I mean why now? I'm 14, why does she have to give me away now, she could have had an abortion or given me away when I was young, but no? She didn't! How could she do this to me, right now, I need her more than ever and she just wants to throw everything away. That's what you want, that's what she is going to get. I pack every last bit of my things into just four boxes. And carry them down to Ramona's car while her and my "ex-mom" make small talk. There I was, standing in the doorway, with my hello kitty backpack firmly strapped to my back.

Her last words to me were, "Heather, you will always be loved, and never forgotten."