Ch.33

Ch.33

After Sage had returned home from school, she threw her things down and headed straight for the kitchen. She didn't want to turn up to the Evans home empty handed, and unlike when she would watch a movie and someone had to meet the parents, she didn't have a six hundred bottle of scotch to give them, so she settled for the next best thing, which was a dish her grandmother had taught her how to make a long time ago; stuff shell lasagna.

Grabbing a pan from the bottom cabinet she filled it with water and let it boil. Walking over to another cabinet she reached up for the large shells and opened the box, dumping the content in the now boiling water.

Walking over to the fridge she pulled out a small pack of ground beef, and placed it in the skillet and started to cook it slowly.

Once the noodles and the ground beef were done cooking, took out a small pack of sausages and cooked those, and when they were done, she cut them up into small pieces that would be small enough to fill the shells. Once she was done mixing the sausages and ground beef together and placing them in the stuff shells, she placed the shells in a wide pan and covered the shells with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese and placed it in the oven on low.

With the stuffed shells in the oven she ran up stairs and fixed herself up, making sure that she was nothing less than presentable. Hearing the sound of her doorbell, caused her to stop fiddling around with her clothes, as she made her way down the stairs to answer the door.

Opening the door, she found both a smiling Mila and Piper standing on her doorstep with knowing looks on their faces.

"What are you two doing here?" Sage asked as she stepped aside and let them into the house.

"We're here to prep you for when you meet Kingsley Evans." Mila sighed out as she pushed a piece a Sage's hair out of her face.

"Yeah, unlike most women in our packs, Kingsley isn't ready to let her little guy grow up and claim his mate. I'd say it was due to the fact that she had so many girl, and was lucky enough to have one boy, that made her so possessive of Sawyer."Piper said as she followed the others into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "But don't worry, that night when Robert Frost and his pack attacked you and Holland, Kingsley was pissed, so I don't think that she is going to be mad at you, or try to sabotage you or Sawyer in anyway." She said shaking her head quickly while trying to assure Sage. "Of course there is the fact that you basically rejected Sawyer when you found out about us, which Kingsley sure as hell didn't like."

"Hey that's not helping!" Mila said snapping her eyes over to Piper, making sure to silence her with a look. "Don't listen to her Sage, Kingsley maybe intimating put she won't try to sabotage you and Sawyer. She loves him too much to hurt him in anyway, and hurting you will be the same as hurting him. So relax and just be yourself. Kingsley's not that bad." Mila said placing a calming hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks guys." Sage said as she nervously cleared her throat. "So where's Dakota, why isn't she with you guys?"

"Surprisingly Camryn was able to keep it together and not let the link between them push him over into the angry side. And Dakota thought that it would be best to go home and to explain everything to our parents, and to pack more of her things. I think she's using this time to think things through. I mean it's not like Camryn is really talking to her at the moment." Mila said sighing softly, thinking about how she could have been so blind to let herself fall for Camryn who not only turned out to be her rightful mate cousin, but also her sister's mate.