Ch.2

Edited

Chapter 2

The whole ride to the ice-cream shop took all of five minutes but sitting in the car with Sawyer Evans so close to her made Sage believe that the ride would never end. The whole time while she was in the car with him, she could feel his eyes on her. And as much as she wanted to yell at him to watch the road, for some reason she couldn't find her voice. She couldn't even find her voice to tell the yelling children in the back of the car to quiet down.

Sighing softly, she etched closer to the door, giving herself more room away from him. She couldn't believe that she was riding in the car with him; in his truck all of things. Hell, she couldn't believe that he knew her name and had actually talked to her.

Glancing over at him to see that he was now paying attention to the road, she noticed when his hands gripped the steering wheel tighter and tighter until she thought that it was going to break. She saw his jaw clench together just like it had back at the park. She heard him let out a loud huff and watched as he turned towards her.

"What are you doing?" He asked abruptly in a voice that was slightly irritable.

Sawyer knew that he should have been paying more attention to the road, but he couldn't help that his attention was solely focused on the girl sitting beside him. From the very moment she had gotten into his car all the way up until now, he couldn't take his mind off of her. Every little move she made he had noticed. With every eye blink she made, Sawyer found himself fighting for control as his wolf craved to break free and claim her. Her scent had engulfed him from the very first time he saw her in the park. And with every breath he drew, he found it harder and harder to control himself and the beast within him. And now that they were in his truck sitting next to each other, her scent filled the whole vehicle, making unbearable for him to focus. Suddenly finding himself opening all of the windows just so he wouldn't do something like pull the car over and claim what was his, he forced his eyes to stay clued on the road.

As hard as it was for him to fight off the urge, he continued to struggle in his efforts to do so, because he knew better.

He knew that she was human and that she wasn't even slightly ready for what was sure to come from them. Letting out another huff, his grip on the steering wheel tighten as he continued to try to reign himself in.

Try as he must to control himself, he all but lost his mind when he sensed her moving farther and farther away from him.

He turned towards her, catching her attention.

"What?" She asked in a state of unease, looking at him strangely.

"What are you doing?" he asked again, trying to control the growl that he felt surfacing within himself.

He had to control himself, and he knew that. Not for the sake of himself, but because of her. She was human and so were two of the five children in the back seat.

"N-nothing." She said turning to look away from him.

Sawyer looked in her direction a little longer before he found himself turning his attention back to the road.

Pulling over and parking his truck, he rolled his eyes at the sudden excitement the kids were showing in the back. He hopped out of the truck and slammed the door, making Sage suddenly jump momentarily from the anger behind it. Walking over to the back door, he helped the kids out of the car, as they all but rushed towards the ice-cream shop.