Chapter 4

Hello there - for whatever reason I was going to say stars... I think I need to take a break from interneting. I mean, seriously, I am on here everyday for hours at a time. 'MERICA. My friend randomly said that when we were talking about random stuff during lunch. That is what happens in my life. Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoy this chapter! WAIT just to let you know, there is a song, and the bold part is the chorus.

~Eevee's POV~

I was shuffling through the boxes, making sure I din't miss anything, and sure enough, I had. There was a black case, and I knew exactly what it was when I saw it. I opened the box, and read the note.

'Didn't want you to stop playing, or singing, maybe you could find a roof while you're there. Love Mitch.'

I pulled the acoustic guitar out and tuned it. I started strumming. It sounded beautiful. I set it down and opened my window. There wasn't a screen for some strange reason. Huh. I climbed out, breathing in the warm summer air. I stood up and walked to the higher part, carefully watching my step. I took in a breath as I looked over at the city. We lived a short distance away, far enough to make the noise of it calming and still having the lights illuminate my face slightly as I sat up there. 

I crawled back down and retrieved my camera. I was due for a vlog.

"Hey there guys, I have moved in with my uncle and cousin, and I don't think my uncle Mike was 100% with my recording and stuff, so we will just play it by ear. But I did want to show you this." I climbed back to the top and showed them the view. "Rooftops are kind of my thing." 

I closed my camera. I was just looking out at the city, wishing I had Team Crafted here to enjoy it with me. Stupid CPS. I climbed down and back into my room. I puled my camera back out.

"Hey there again, I figured you'd want an updated room tour, and I have to be honest, my room isn't that great here, I like the one back home better." I spun in a complete circle, showing off the soft colors. "Yeah, so I'll show you how I've decorated it!" I turned toward my bed and showed off the pictures on my walls. 

"This is how much I miss them." I had filled up the bottom half of the entire wall with pictures that I had pulled out of the frames, because I didn't want to tack anything to it, it would be bad to have so many little holes in it. I showed them my stuffed animal gallery, then my desk.

"It barely fits, I might have to upgrade, I don't think this was meant for such a nerd." I showed off my PC.  "Well, that's all for now guys, I might actually post a song later on, a cover probably. I don't know, comment down below on what song you want me to sing! Please, keep the rapping and swearing songs to a minimum." I closed it, and began to edit and upload. By then it was 10:30 p.m. and I fall asleep in my desk chair.

~Time skip... It is raining very hard outside. Very loudly as well. I love it when it does this, I just hope we don't lose power. That would suck.~

I woke up before dawn, force in habit I guess. I did that a lot at home as well. I check the comments on my vlog. Everyone wanted me to sing Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. It was a sadish song, but it fir the way I was feeling. I had... you could call it an inspiration. I grabbed my guitar and camera and went to the roof. I was going to sing with the sunrise as the back round.

I had set everything up, and had some time to kill. Oops, I should probably get dressed. I dressed simply, my usual T-shirt and shorts on a summer day, but I put my hair in a messy side braid. I was being mainstream. Take that internet. 

I made my way back up, just in time to start. I began plucking the somewhat complex tune, but you get it down with a few tries. 

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go

When all shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said 'Don't leave me here alone'

But all that's dead and gone and past, tonight

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down

You'll be all right; no one can hurt you now

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

I looked down for a few moments as I just strummed but looked back as I was singing again.

Don't you dare look out your window; darlin' everying's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby, even when the music's gone - gone

Chorus

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-oh x5 or something

Chorus

And finish with more oohs, I don't know how many there are.

"Thank you guys for watching, that was a great song you picked, it actually made me feel a lot better by singing it, have an amazing day." I finished the recording and turned to see the last bit of the sun peek out from behind the city. I packed up my stuff and treaded lightly down to the window.

I edited and uploaded. I feel better now, I got my message across to everyone, but I feel like I showed myself that this is really happening, it's not a night mare.

~Mitch's POV~

I was watching her sing with the sun rising behind her. I had also seen the vlog she posted yesterday, of all the pictures on her wall. She must miss us, too. The scene was perfect. You couldn't totally see Eevee's face, the sun was gleaming, turning her skin a perfect, glowing gold. I was probably exaggerating, but it was seriously stunning. I walked down the stairs, and saw that Jerome, Adam, and Quentin were all watching it on Jerome's laptop. I noticed a tear go down Adam's face.

"She really is good at singing isn't she?" I commented, and Adam quickly brushed away his tear.

"Yeah, I miss her. A lot." Jerome said as the video ended. "I know, it hasn't even been a day, but-"

"Nah, dood, I get it. Me too." I hugged them. "I think we should do a vlog, saying how life is here without her."

"You mean, like a tribute to her?" Jerome inquired.

"Exactly." I ran upstairs and got my camera.

"Hey there Doods, we all just saw Eevee singing, and it was the best ever, so check her out in the description. I think it just made us a bit more emotional though, we all miss her so much. It hasn't been very fun here without her, so you aren't missing much". I made the camera face the Jerome, Adam, and Quentin on the couch. Ty, Jason, Ian, and Ashely haven't even bothered to come down yet, maybe in denial that she is gone.

"I just wanted to put something out there for everyone to see, just in case you were wondering. Take care you guys." I ended the recording. Not very exciting, huh? I bet the rest would come downstairs after they saw Eevee's video. And sure enough they did. 

"Hey guys." Ian said glumly as he came down stairs. I think our lives would be on hold for a few days, it was like we were mourning for her, but she wasn't dead.

~Author's Note~

Alrighty, what did you all think? I personally enjoyed writing the song. There should be the video in the side bar thing. I don't really have anything else to say. Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Abused without BajanCanadian