Chapter 8

I have inspiration. I don't even care that it is 2 a.m. in the morning. I has inspiration. #can'tstopwon'tstop. Yes those apostrophes are necessary... mainstream with correct grammar. Yes. Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

~Eevee's POV~

I walk down the stairs, it has been a week since I got here, and the bad feeling still hasn't gone away. I miss everyone like crazy still, yesterday I sat in front of my stuffed animals and just cried. We aren't going to go into detail. I was just feeling sentimental and sad. 

I saw Mike look at me. "Hey L- Eevee." He looked down. I assumed he was feeling sentimental too, I think he was going to call me Lilly. 

"Hey Mike." I prepared my food and sat down to eat. 

"I am going to go out today. Don't answer the door for anyone, and stay inside." 

"Er, ok. I don't have anywhere to go anyways." I ate my food in silence; nothing else to say. We have been a bit tense since out argument about my friends. I head up the stairs as soon as I finish eating to get out of the awkward situation. When I got to my room I started editing some videos, I hadn't finished all of them, we did quite a bit of recording yesterday. I sang as I worked.

"You know that you have a beautiful voice." I turned around to see Ethan standing in the door way. No, he isn't being creepy, he actually has been quite nice since I got here, almost a friend. 

"Thanks! I actually was going to make a music video before we left, but we didn't finish it."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sure it wouldv'e been awesome! Hey, you can still make one. You can record yourself now, and tomorrow we can go to the city and record stuff." He said excitedly.

"Great, thanks!" I actually still haven't been out of the house since I got here, if you don't include the roof. He left the room with a smile. I had the perfect idea for a song.

~Time Skip~

I heard the front door open, slam shut, and a small crash from my room. I went down stairs to see what the commotion was. It was Mike coming home, it was after dark.

"You." He points at me, with a stagger in his step. "Do you think this is funny, to torture me like this. I just lost my daughter and you are taunting me with how alike you are. Every time I see you you just remind me of her." He walks over to me as fast as he could, and considering he was drunk it wasn't that fast.

So that was the reason he has been tense with me. Huh. I had no clue what Lilly looked like, but I assumed it was pretty similar. Mike stumbled toward me. I was rooted to my spot, and I could see the anger in his face. He smacked me, hard. So that was the bad feeling. I turned and ran up the stairs, seeing that Ethan was standing at the railing with a horrified look on his face. I ran past him and into my room. I ignored him calling my name. I just needed to be alone.

~Time Skip~ 

After about ten minutes I hear Ethan walk in. I was sitting in front of my collage of pictures and stuffed animals. 

"Eevee... I'm sorry." I hear him say behind me.

"Why should you be sorry, you didn't do anything," I state simply.

"Well, I guess I feel sorry for you..." He trailed off. Dang it... I hate it. I am weak again.

"I am fine. I've been through worse." I turn around and see him sitting on my bed.

"I know. You know I watched your Draw My Life on your channel? And the Minecraft videos are pretty funny, too." He smiled. 

"Are you serious? I mean, I didn't think you would be one to like Minecraft, I pictured you as a COD player."

"Well, that too." It makes me feel a lot better that someone here is on my side.

~Time Skip, all of the time skips.~

The next day I walked down the stairs, before dawn this time. I walk into the kitchen, and see Mike lying on the floor, a beer bottle locked in his grip. I could smell something disgusting from 8 ft. away. I just quickly make my waffles and take them upstairs to eat. I had finished recording the song yesterday, along with the guitar. 

I eat, and I wanted to Skype everyone back home on what happened, but I think that would be a bad idea, they would just get worried. I get dressed, grab my camera, and head down stairs. I decided against waiting for Ethan in the kitchen, and sit in the living room. We were going to grab lunch in the city after we were finished. I had out my iPod, on which I had the song downloaded to so I could sing to it while we were out there.

~And now it's almost 3.... shall we continues this tomorrow? I think we shall... Oh wait... now it's 4:30... Oh...~

Ethan came down stairs with a smile on his face.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yep, Lezzgo!" I shouted. He chuckled.

He drove us into the city of New York. I marveled at the tall buildings and lights. There were small shops everywhere. Ethan made his way to a parking garage, slowly due to the pedestrians. We got out and headed into the streets. I pulled out my camera and handed it to him. 

I ran to stand in front of one of the shops. He taped me singing, me just looking around, and some of the sights. It ended up being a lot of fun. We decided to head into a restaurant at about 1.

"Wow, that was really fun." I say with a smile on my face.

"It was. You know, I think you are a lot more fun to hang out with than Lilly was." I was surprised. Maybe his sister was mean, or very girly and into make-up. I can see how that would bore Ethan.

"Well, I try, but I am not taking her place. How 'bout we can be friends, I haven't had one of those since I was 9." 

"Really? What about those guys in Washington?"

"Well, they are my friends, but they are my family. It's different. But you seem like someone who could be my friend. If we weren't cousins, I mean."

"Yeah, but I can't believe that no one would be your friend. You are probably the most honest and down-to-earth person I have ever met, and let's not forget funny." He pokes me in the arm. That reminds me of when Mitch would poke me in the side. I frowned for a second, but reminded myself that I wasn't alone here anymore. I could be happy here.

~Author's Note~

Don't worry, you will see the song in the next chapter. I don't have a real specific reason for it in the story, just something for Ethan and Eevee to bond over, and I recently have taken a large liking to the song. It is awesome. Ooh, There is 3 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes, and 23 seconds until I can see Catching Fire :3. Don't judge, Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Abused without BajanCanadian, take care.