Chapter 9

Chapter 9.
Mr. Davenport's POV.
I was about to set Chase's ribs when I realized he just closed his eyes. I gently tapped his face.
"What?" Chase asked as he opened his eyes again.
"Can you stay awake for a little bit longer?" I asked.
I could tell he was about to answer me when he closed his eyes and fell unconscious. I hooked Chase up a heart monitor and a IV. I put a oxygen mask over his face and I was about to go to sleep when I heard someone dash into the lab. I looked up and saw Douglas.
"Hey Dougie." I said.
"You look really tired Donnie, why don't you go to sleep? I'll watch Chase." Douglas said.
"Ok. The diagnostics sheet is on my cyber desk." I explained as I walked out of the lab.
Douglas's POV.
I sent Donnie on his way and then I picked up the diagnostics sheet. As I saw the extent of his injuries, I realized that I knew who did this. Derek Darkins. We were best friends when we were growing up in Maine. Then he found out I had implanted my kids with bionics and tried to kidnap them. He actually managed to get Adam and he found out that the chip I was making for my third son was the most powerful. After I had saved Adam, I moved my whole family to California and we lived in a warehouse. After that, I thought Derek had been arrested, but apparently he found Chase, he must've forced him into telling something and I could tell by the fact he was injured so badly that he didn't tell him. Then I heard Chase groan. I looked over and realized he was awake.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi." Chase replied in a shaky tone.
"Chase. Can you remember the name of the guy who captured you?" I asked.
"Derek...Darkins." Chase replied.
I knew it!
I picked up the diagnostics sheet again and looked at Chase. I picked up the antibiotics and put them on his cuts. He cried out in pain, but I assured that the burning feeling would go away in a few minutes. Then I took off his shirt so I could get a better look at his ribs and the cut on his stomach. I saw that someone had already stitched up his stomach. Then I put my hand on one of Chase's fractured ribs and he tensed up. I came down on it and he cried out in pain. I got him calmed down for a minute, then I came down on the other fractured rib. He sat up and gasped in pain, but I eased him back down and got him calmed down. I came down on the first broken one and he screamed in pain. Then I heard someone come out of the elevator, just the person I was about to call. Adam.
"Can you do me a favor Adam?" I asked.
"Sure." Adam said.
"Can you brace Chase well I finish setting his ribs?" I asked.
"Ok." Adam said as he walked over to Chase and gently held him down by his shoulders.
I put my hand gently on top of the second of the four broken ribs and Chase flinched. Then I cracked it back into place witch made him cry out in pain and thrash a bit, but Adam held him down. I calmed him down before I did the next rib. He tried even harder to get out of Adam's grip. I walked over and got him calmed down again.
"Chase, this is the last one." I assured him.
After I got him calmed down, I put my hand on the last rib, then it made a popping noise when I came down on it and Chase finally let a few tears out. Adam let go of Chase. I brushed the last tear away and told him to rest.
-Time skip-
Chase's POV.
I woke up and everything was a little blurry so I rubbed my eyes and then I saw Adam. I panicked and then Adam got me calmed down.
"What...what do you want?!" I yelled.
"Shh. I'm not gonna hurt you. And the only thing I want is forgiveness. I should've never beat you up. If I hadn't, then you wouldn't have needed Douglas to unlock you a new ability. I am so sorry Chase." Adam said, then he started crying and continued. "When I saw that you ran away, I knew it was my fault, I locked myself in the guest room and I didn't come out for three days. When I saw you strapped down to that table in the warehouse, I thought you were about to die. And I knew it was my fault. Please forgive me Chase."
"I forgive you. And I'm sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted and ran away, or hurt you with my laser bo in the first place." I explained.
"I forgive you Chasey." Adam said, hugging me.
"You are hugging my broken ribs, let go!" I yelled.
Adam left and went upstairs. Then I heard a sound that scared me. The clicking of cowboy boots. I saw someone walk into the room.
Derek Darkins.
Duh, duh, DUHHHHHHHHHHHH!
#AlwaysBeNice!
Over and out.
Susz13.