Chapter 6

Chapter 6.
Bree's POV.
Adam and I were frantically trying to find Chase, I was amazed I hadn't locked myself in the guest room and hid from the world yet, but I had to be strong, for Chase. I had programmed the Davenllite to do a search for Chase and then I went upstairs when I saw Douglas and Mr. Davenport talking.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Douglas found out that Chase was last headed to LA, but he never got there." Mr. Davenport quietly admitted.
"We have to keep looking for him. Maybe he got confused and got off on the wrong stop." I said.
"Bree. We will keep looking for him, but the possibility of him being alive is very small. Do not tell Adam, Leo and Tasha. Do you understand me?" Mr. Davenport asked.
I nodded. Quietly hoping for Chase to still be alive. Mr. Davenport, Douglas and I went down to the lab. Douglas reprogrammed the Davenllite to do a search in California only, excluding Mission Creek, and I sat down thinking.
"What if my little brother is dead? Bree, snap out of it, Chase is stronger than most humans, he's bionic for dang sake! But he is still the youngest, and it's my duty to protect him." I thought to myself, desperately trying to keep myself positive.
Then Adam came over and sat with me.
"You ok Bree?" He asked.
"I'm not supposed to tell him! Mr. Davenport told me not to!
I nodded, but Adam can tell when something was wrong.
"Is it your boyfriend? Or are you just worried about Chase?" He asked.
"I dumped Gary last night. I'm scared Adam. Chase is all alone in California, and all we know is that he is in the state still." I admitted as I started crying into my older brother's shoulder.
He gently rubbed my back and told me that everything would work out, like it always does. This was a lot like when we were little.
Chase's POV.
As I slowly came too, I realized I was strapped down to a table, and I faced three guys, one was the conductor of that train. I finally fully regained consciousness and I heard someone say.
"Get the boss, tell him the brat is awake."
I tried to break out of the restraints, but it was no use. Then I saw a tall, dark haired guy walk in.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"Derek Darkins." The guy replied.
"What are you planning on doing with me?" I asked as I continued to try and break out of the restraints.
"Don't bother with the restraints, I made them as bionic signal interrupters, so you can't use your abilities to get out. And as for what I'm planning, that's classified. Let's just say that I need info, and you are gonna give it to me, one way or another." Derek threatened.
"If you don't tell me what info you need, how am I supposed to know what info to not give you?" I asked.
"You can be so annoying! How do you install bionics?" The guy asked.
"If you wanted bionics, you should've captured my egotistical dad, or my even more egotistical uncle." I said.
"You know how to do it, and if I have to, I'll force it out of you." Derek said, pulling something out of his pocket.
A knife. Who carries a knife in their pocket? And this wasn't a pocket knife, it was a actual knife.
"I don't know! I may have have a superior intelligence, but my uncle or my dad didn't tell me how to install bionics!" I insisted.
I saw Derek lift up the knife and I felt pain slash through my leg. I screamed out in pain I saw that brought a smile to Derek's face.
"Great, a adult Trent who knows about my bionics." I thought to myself.
"How do you get bionics?!" Derek yelled in my ears.
I had to keep myself from yelling in pain. I bet this guy knew about my bionic hearing or otherwise, I bet he wouldn't have done that.
"I'm not telling you!" I yelled.
I saw Derek lift up the knife and he slowly dragged the knife through my arm. I screamed at the top of my lungs until he stopped. I could tell the cuts were both very deep, and I immediately got scared. I was gonna die.
Poor, poor, Chasey...ISN'T IT AWESOME?!
So the song above involves my new obsession with someone who started around the time I was born, Avril Lavigne (not sure if I spelled her name right). Her music is so beautiful (just watch out for cussing, which I can assure that this is the original song and none of that) and I just love it SO much.
#AlwaysBeNice!
Over and out.
Susz13.