XXII

Being alone for so long can either feel extremely lonely or great. I thought that when Harry was away I'd feel lonely but that's actually not the case at all. Ive gotten so much done and have just been doing things for myself and it's been great. Of course I miss Harry a lot but I didn't realize how much I actually needed alone time. Not only alone time but more time with my friends like Lauren and Lucas. That is if they aren't busy with their own boyfriends.

I grab my phone and call Lucas. No answer. I call Lauren. It takes a bit but she answered.

"Hello?"
"Hi"
"What's up?"
"Nothing, are you busy tonight?"
"Umm.. Not really, no. Why?"
"I feel like we don't really see each other anymore. I was just wondering if you wanted to hangout or something."
"Yeah, sure... What'd you have in mind?"
"I can come to your house maybe? Or you can come here?"
"Okay... I'll be over in an hour."

That was strangely awkward. I'm glad she decided to come to my house though, I wouldn't know if I were to just walk in like I use to or knock. However I have things laying around that I don't want her to see. There's Harry's t-shirts and sweats, pictures of us and just him from times I used him for my photography, a blanket from his place, a pair of his sunglasses, and other little things. Hopefully she doesn't look in my closet because that's where I'm putting everything.

After I got everything I sat back on my bed and finished downloading all the pictures from my cameras that I haven't done yet, I just sit and wait for Lauren. The hour passes slowly and she finally gets here. And she has Eric with her. Cool.

"So you excited for graduation?" I ask to break the ice although I already know she is. "God yes, I can't wait to leave already." She says sitting on my bed. "I feel ya." I reply. "Aren't you like, a little sad to leave?" Eric asks. "No." "Nope." Lauren and I say at the same time. "I am. It's not gonna be the same after we leave high school." He says. "That's the point babe." Lauren says.

Awkward silence.

"So Didi, Eric says he saw you the other day." Lauren says with a look I know she's purposely doing to scare me. "Why didn't he say hi?" I ask tilting my head to look at him but he was looking away. "I asked the same thing but he told me it was because you were with some man." Oh shit. "I told him it was probably your boyfriend Henry and we just forgot about it... Until one day we were watching tv in my living room when the same man you were with walked into my house looking for my mom. I told him it must be some mistake, why would uncle Harry and Didi be together? But Eric was convinced it was him... So Didi, mind telling me what you were doing with my uncle?"

WHAT THE FUCK ERIC.

My face got so hot and I started panicking. Do I lie? Do I tell the truth??

"I ran into him the other day, like you said why would I be with him? That'd be weird." I tried playing it cool but I feel like they can see right through me. "But I saw you walking together." He said. "Yeah, we were having a conversation. So?" I said as normal as I could. "But-" I swear to god if Eric doesn't shut his fucking mouth he's going to get slapped. "Why are you trying to make it bigger than it is? I ran into Harry, had a conversation with him, and that's it. What the hell you guys?" Gimmie an oscar.

"See Eric I told you it was nothing." Lauren slapped his arm. Now that that's over I feel extremely uncomfortable and exhausted. I need a nap and to not hang out with Lauren for a while. Again.

"Anyways, I'm planning on going to Chicago with Lucas in the fall."

...

After I hung out with the two of them I napped for a little bit and woke up when my phone was ringing which happened to be Harry. I cleared my throat before answering.